Chapter 14: Little Questions

~~Maylee~~

She never thought she'd see stars like that, but last night had been one of the most intense and emotional nights of her life. The sex had been amazing of course, but there was just something... more. Something she'd never truly felt before.

She woke up the next morning and moved up onto her elbows slowly, letting out a soft breath as the sheet on her fell away to reveal she was naked beneath it. She looked to her side and saw Ominis sleeping soundly, his hair still a mess from the night before and an arm wrapped protectively around her waist beneath the covers. She smiled happily at that, turning in his grip until she as facing him, planting little kisses along his chest.

He stirred in his sleep, letting out a low hissing sound that reminded her of the parseltongue he'd whispered to her last night. It was so amazingly sexy how he did that, and those hisses just drove her wild. Everything about him drove her wild, those wicked looks he gave, the gentle touches and soft words. She felt her heart skip as he smiled in his sleep from her touch, giving a low sound of joy.

"Good morning, sugar." Maylee said softly against his skin.

"Mmmm," he replied in a deep masculine sound, the soft smile widening as he pulled her closer against him "I could get used to waking up like this."

She blushed at that and rested her cheek against his chest, hearing his strong heartbeat. They hadn't really talked about what their relationship was, yet... but she did know that usually people of his station didn't have long lasting relationships with people like her. Ominis did seem different, though... and he seemed sincere. Would that even be allowed, though?

"Do you want to wake up like this every day?" She asked softly, biting her lip after the loaded question.

"Of course." He answered quietly. "If you'd want to. My opinion isn't the only one that matters here."

She blushed again, giving a soft sound that he was always so considerate. "I definitely want that... but I know things are different here in England than they are in America... with stations and families and such."

"I care very little about that sort of thing." Ominis snorted in distaste. "In fact all I've ever wanted was to be rid of it. What I wouldn't give to just be able to be a normal person somewhere."

"You are normal." Maybe insisted. "But other people will care about the difference between us. I'm just worried about... about them giving you trouble 'cause of me."

"You let me deal with those pompous airheads." Ominis said gently, bringing a hand to touch her forehead before he moved it down to gently caress her cheek with his palm. "All I care about right now is being with you... because you're the best thing that's happened to me, and like hell if I'm going to give that up easily."

She felt her heart hammer in her chest as she looked up to him, and he seemed so earnest when saying something huge like that. The best thing that happened to him? Really? "I want to know more about you." She said urgently. "Everything... tell me everything."

"Only if you do the same." Ominis said with a warm smile.

"Alright, we'll play a game, then." Maylee said excitedly, and brought her hands up to take his in either one of them. "Hold your hands like this." She put them so that they were on either side of his, their hands layered together with one of hers on top. "Now, ya ask a question when your hand is on top. First one to not think of a question loses. Repeats from the other person are fine."

Ominis smiled, and she was glad she'd thought of doing this because it was so tactile. It would be easier for him. Plus she liked holding his hands. They were large, and warm...