Chapter 18: Magic Night

~~Maylee~~

Talking with Victoria and Sebastian was strangely casual, it felt like she already knew them in a way from all that Ominis had told her about them. The conversations were comfortable, and she was laughing at their antics just as much as Ominis was. It was a wonderful evening, but soon enough the sun was setting and it was time to go. They couldn't stay from London long on such short notice, so they'd have to head back tomorrow.

"Now Ominis, promise you'll visit again soon. No more of this waiting months without any visits." Victoria pouted, moving some of her blond hair from her face.

"Yeah, you don't need to worry about anything. We want you here, Omi." Sebastian said with a smile.

"I know… I promise I'll visit again soon. Maylee even floated the idea of buying a cottage out here when I have the funds." Ominis said, reaching out to hold her hand with the words. She couldn't help but blush, because it was definitely planning far ahead.

"I think that's a great idea. Gets you out of London. I'm not sure how you handle the smell of that place." Sebastian wrinkled his nose.

She smiled when Ominis let out a loud laugh of amusement, "I suppose I'm used to it." He grinned. "You can visit in London too, now. I have my own house, though it still needs work."

"Nothin' we can't handle." She added happily. She rather liked having projects to work on. She always felt accomplished after they were done.

"We will sometime, Anya is a bit young for that far but it won't be long until she's good for it." Sebastian smiled. "It'll be good to see your home too, Ominis. I'm glad you were able to get away from your father and brother."

Ominis smiled, and nodded. "They seemed eager to have me give up the inheritance so they thought they tricked me. I'll let them believe it." He chuckled.

Sebastian laughed and patted Ominis on the back happily. "That's what I love to hear. Then they hired Maylee for you- what a riot! I'm glad you're taking things for your own finally."

"Yeah... it was well overdue. What time is it?" He asked curiously.

"A bit past 8." Victoria said softly.

"Ah... we should get going if we want to get back and get some sleep before tomorrow. How about we visit again in a bit? I'll send an owl again." Ominis smiled.

"That sounds wonderful, next time come for lunch and we can go visit with Hecat." Sebastian grinned.

Ominis chuckled in amusement. "You think she'd want to see two trouble makers like us?"

"Of course she would! I was the head of the dueling club, after all." Sebastian said proudly, until Victoria cleared her throat with a critical eye.

"We were the head of the dueling club." Sebastian said sheepishly.

Victoria giggled and kissed Sebastian's cheek affectionately. "Have a good night, you two. We'll see you soon." She said, before they headed out the door to walk down the path out of Feldcroft.

They savored the sounds of the night, walking hand in hand down the path until Ominis finally spoke.

"To the black lake?" He asked, his voice low with a suggestive tone.

She couldn't help a little thrill that ran through her, knowing what that meant. "Yeah, if you're still up for it."

Ominis brought her hand up to his mouth and kissed the back of her palm softly. "Dear, I'm always up for ravishing you."

She blushed at that, unable to help the little giggle of excitement that came out of her. He seemed to like her reaction, his expression softening toward her.