Chapter 18: the semester ends

Adele was cool with Macy and Flori's nightclub adventure, even hinting that they should do it again.

A few weeks later they sat for their first semester exams. The results ranged from:

Adele (medicine) and Bobba (business), good; Preston (law), very good; Harold (architecture) and Florian (medicine), excellent; and Macy (medicine), outstanding.

Adele had undertaken medicine essentially at the instigation of her parents. However, by the end of the first semester, she had concluded that it wasn't really for her and she had started looking at other courses she could change to. She wanted to talk the matter over with her parents and would do so when she went home for the mid-year break.

Macy intended to visit her family, but she was making arrangements to pick up some extra work shifts during the holidays, so she would spend most of the break at the flat.

Florian was going on a ski trip to the snow with his parents for the first weekend (three nights only), but after that would return to their uni house. Bobba would mostly be staying at home catching up on family matters; Harold, on the other hand, would be remaining at the house except for a couple of brief visits home. Preston expected to be coming and going.

Florian caught up with Macy a number of times during the holidays, and they went clubbing again on one night (as girls, of course) - great fun as before. A few days before uni resumed, Adele returned and told Macy that she had arranged (with her parent's agreement) to change to a pharmacy course.

The new semester started.

Florian and Macy were now together nearly all the time when they were at the uni because Adele was no longer sharing classes with them. Nevertheless, they still saw her quite frequently, mostly for lunch or a coffee.

Florian liked Adele, she was a nice person, but he couldn't deny that he enjoyed having the bubbly Macy to himself so much more; and he continued to observe the changing relationship between the two girls.