Chapter 21

Cassidy's POV:

I woke up the next morning, and rolled onto my side. Bailey was asleep on my right, but when I rolled over to my left I saw that Jackson was gone. I grabbed my phone to check to time when I noticed I had a text from him.

From Jackson: Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I got up early so I could go to breakfast with my Parents. I didn't want you to think the scary bush monster got me. 😉

I rolled my eyes and let out a laugh. This caused Bailey to wake up. "Good morning Cass. What's so funny?" Bailey rolled over to look up at me while she rubbed her eyes. "Morning Bails. Nothing important, I was just watching some Tik Toks." Bailey and I stayed in the gazebo until we got motivated enough to go inside. We put away all the blankets and pillows that we used before heading to the kitchen for some breakfast.

"So did you have fun last night Cass?" Bailey asked as a smirk emerged on her face. I rolled my eyes again as I pulled a pan out of the cabinet. "Yeah, I had fun last night. Did Mom even actually need you?" I turned and faced Bailey to see if she would lie or not. When she would lie, she would bite the inside of her cheek. She turned to me as she responded. "Yes, Mom actually did need me. Did you think I left you out there by yourself with Jackson on purpose?" I could tell she wasn't biting her cheek so she obviously wasn't lying. "Yeah, that's what it felt like." I said as I got the ingredients that I needed out of the refrigerator. "Okay, I will admit that after Mom didn't need me anymore I went up to your room, and was watching you and Jackson out of the window. That was until I heard Dad walking up the steps, so I ran over to my room. Then I ran downstairs before Mom could ask me what I was doing. That's why I busted out the door, and ruined whatever moment you and Jackson were having." I whipped my head around quickly to look at her. "We weren't having a moment. All we were doing was talking." I turned away from Bailey, but I could tell she was giving me a look. "Cassidy. You two were literally holding hands and staring at each other." I sighed, and went to put the eggs I made on the counter. "It's complicated Bails. You wouldn't understand."

Bailey stopped what she was doing, and came to sit beside me. "I might if you tell me what's been going on." I hesitated, but went through and told Bailey about everything that's been going on with Jackson. It took her a minute to process everything before she spoke. "Okay, so how do you feel about all of this Cass?" "When I first started working with the Bananas, I told him we needed to talk about how we left things. We haven't done that yet." Bailey thought for a minute while I put my dishes in the sink. "So is anything going to happen when you guys do talk?" I sighed again before turning to face Bailey. "I don't know Bails. Like I said, everything is complicated." Bailey stood up, and walked over to me. "I think you're making it complicated because you still have feelings for Jackson, and you don't know what to do about them." I started walking out of the kitchen now, wanting this conversation to be over. "Don't be mad at me when you know I'm right." I heard Bailey say while she was still in the kitchen. "I'm not mad Bailey. I just want to go get showered and ready for the day before Mom and Dad come down here." That was a complete lie, and Bailey probably knew that. I didn't care. I didn't want to accept the fact that Bailey was calling me out, and I couldn't defend myself because what she was saying was true.

My parents decided to take me and Bailey shopping at the local mall, and then out to lunch before I had to be back at the hotel. I got out of the car, and began telling my parents goodbye. They got in the car after my Mom was done holding me in a long hug. Bailey walked over, and extended her arms. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I still know that I'm right, but I shouldn't have over stepped." I pulled Bailey in for a hug before I responded. "No Bails, I should be the one apologizing to you. You're right about me still having feelings for Jackson. I don't know what to think, or do about them with everything going on. I know I need to talk to him about some things, but there never was a good time for that." Bailey pulled away from me and smiled. "Then you need to make time Cass. You guys are going to be in Savannah for about two weeks before you leave again. Figure out a good time for you and Jackson to talk, and just do it." I smiled and nodded as I saw my Dad walking over with my bags. "Okay Bails. I'll try to do that. I'll let you know how it goes." Bailey gave me another hug, and let go as my Dad gave me my bags. I said goodbye to my family again, and went to mine and Kennedy's hotel room.