Just a joke

Caelen skipped down the empty corridor towards her father's office it would be dinner time soon and she couldn't wait. The girl gasped when someone rounded the corner ahead and called out to her.

"If it isn't little Lupin!" Fred called grinning as he moved to scoop the girl up.

George ruffled her hair smiling down at her, "what you doing out here alone? Play any jokes lately?"

The girl shook her head no, "have you?"

"Course," George laughed, "had a good idea for dinner today."

Fred nodded agreement, "Just needed our little pranking mate, you in?"

Caelen eyed the duo nervously, "what you want me to do?"

The boys grinned at each other before showing her two tiny orbs, "these are our newest invention-"

"They switch the voices of everyone at a table-"

"We figured you could give them to Snape-"

"Then we'll come up and ask your dad if you can have dinner with us-"

"Once you're away we'll set them off-"

"Then watch the fun!"

That did sound funny..."is it permanent?"

"No, lasts twenty four hours." George replied quickly.

"So they'll be back to normal by dinner tomorrow?" Caelen confirmed, "what happens if they get mad?"

"Eh they might be a bit, but don't worry we'll look out for you," Fred promised with a careless shrug.

George nodded, "so you up for it?"

A smirk slowly grew on the young girl's face as she reached out to accept the orbs, "definitely!"

___________________________

The great hall roared with the chatter of the students. The goblet flamed before the staff table a constant reminder of the coming tournament. Caelen sat grinning sheepishly between her father and the potions master. "Daddy," she whispered tapping her father's shoulder, "can I go eat dinner with the Weasley twins?"

Remus eyed her suspiciously, "I suppose...."

Plopping the orbs quickly onto the table Caelen hurried towards her friends who awaited her with large grins plastered across there faces, "did ya do it?" George asked as he helped her up onto the bench between himself and his twin.

Caelen nodded grinning, "Uh huh."

With a slight pop and a puff of blue grey smoke the orbs went off. The hall waited in stunned silence as the smoke cleared. Caelen bit her bottom lip nervously as she waited with the rest to see the results of the prank.

Dumbledoor stood waving his wand to clear the smoke. The students in the hall froze when, upon opening his mouth, Hagrid's voice passed through Dumbledor's mouth. "Alright settle down there," the headmaster said with the gamekeeper's voice.

Hagrid looked confused, Mcgonagal looked shocked, Snape's expression never changed his mask firmly in place, and Lupin eyed his daughter knowingly.

Slowly giggles began to fill the hall, some of the students snorted as they tried in vain to suppress their laugher.

It only got worse when, upon standing, Mcgonagal spoke with Karkaroff's voice, "that will be quite enough!" She snapped before covering her mouth in horror.