Chapter 4

*Alex's POV*

I turn to Rachael who also turned away like I have. "Who's that?" I say to her softly. "That's Nick, Amanda ex. he broke her heart and dumped her in the rudest way. they were together for a year and a half!" I feel myself getting alittle angry and I clench my fist. "Alex, calm down. ok that was in 8th grade. 9th when they broke up. We're in 11th grade now. Almost 12th" Rachael says to me.

While we were away, I've been really protective of Amanda. Fans started giving her and Hailey hate and Austin and I were just tryna be strong and brush it off with them. I don't wanna see Amanda cry again because someone hurt her. That broke my heart. But seeing this, umpa lumpa, looking fag? I WISH I could stay something.

She looks happy to see him. So Rachael and I just waked away. I don't wanna make it awkward.

*Amanda's POV*

Man I hate this kid... but I don't want to be rude. Yah know? Kinda like when you walk into a store and see your teacher. You don't want to talk to them but you kinda have to. I pretend I care to what he has to say. I told him I'm busy and he walks away.

"Where'd Alex and Rachael go?" I say standing up. I hear a bunch of girls scream. Alex.

Girls after girls walk up to him asking him about Austin and about me and where I was. He signed a couple things, took a couple pictures and walked with Rachael to go get some nachos.

I run up the stairs and try to look for them. "GUYS! LOOK! THERE'S AMANDA LONG! ALEX'S GIRLFRIEND!!" I get bombarded by fans. "Oh my god. so you were a fan of Austin and Alex just fell in love with you?" "You're so pretty!" "Can you sign my phone case?" "Can we take a picture?"

I am NOT used to this at all.

Alex turned around and saw people around me. He came over so I didn't have to deal with them by myself. "Baby are you ok? I'm sorry for walking away." "I'm not used to all these fans talking to me and asking me for autographs and pictures." He hugged me, kissed my forehead and let me sign and take pictures.

Caitlyn and Zoe came up from the stands. "Do you want new seats?" Cait says as she points to the security guard standing against the wall watching us. He walks over and takes us to club seats. We laughed, talked, and watched the game.

----------------------------

After the game we hurry and leave to get in Rachaels car without being spotted.

In the car Hailey calls me. "Hey!" she says happy to talk to me (even though we were together yesterday) "Hey girl!" "So, Austin got invited to sing for some show and we wanna know if you wanna come with us?" she says as I hear Austin screaming "Tell them hi!" in the background. "Tell Austin hey," I say laughing. "And of course wel'l go" I said looking at Alex as he's confused. I signed for him to wait and kept talking.

After a few mhmm's , yeah's, and ok's, we hung up the call and I told Alex what's happening.

"Austin is performing on the Today show in 2 days. Austin wants us to be there, so I said we'd go." Alex tweets about it and smiles at me.

"Turn this up Rach! I love this song!!" Zoe said tapping Rachael's shoulder. Rachael turns it up and, of course, it's Austin. "What about love! What about our promises?" everyone sings. I decided to record it to send to Austin because it was pretty funny.

Rachael dropped Alex and I off home and we get ready for New York. "Ok baby, Hailey said we're staying for maybe 3 days so bring a couple change of clothes and maybe a bathing suit!" I say as I throw my peacock feathered shirt in my bag. I told my mom what was happening and she kisses me goodbye. I hop in my car and we head towards New York.

"Lets play a couple games!" Alex's says clicking his phone, looking at me. "what games?" I said trying to concentrate on the road. "Well, lets be honest with each other on some stuff." he says. "Like for example, you'll say something you want me to know and ill tell you." I said whatever and he starts.

"Okayyyyyy, so. Something honest. I love One Direction and I have all there's songs on my phone." I laugh and smile. "That's cute." "Wait it gets worse" Alex says. "I also listen to all Austin's songs on my phone." I giggle and smile at him "Don't be embarrassed. I am! Ok, remember when I met you and I asked you to take a pic with me for my birthday?" I pause and look at Alex who looks puzzled. "It wasn't my birthday. I just wanted a pic." I say getting alittle red. "Did you really wanna meet me that bad?" he says jokingly. I nod and laugh alittle. "Wow. Ok Amanda." he says still somewhat laughing.

"My turn. So, Erg. How do I say this." he says as my heart starts to race. "So we've been together for four months and I just wanna say, I love you."

That was our first I love you :) I smiled and said I love you too and starte to blush.

*Alex's POV*

I love this girl to death. Yeah you all are thinking 'Alex you've been dating for 4 months and you're in love with her' Well yes I am. Ever since the concert, I've spent day and night with her. She's slept by my side, she's kissed me good morning and good night everyday. And Austin feels the same about Hailey. She looks so cute focused on the road. I put in my earphones and let her be.

*Amanda'a POV*

Suddenly the car gets very quiet. I hear alittle beat coming from Alex's earphones. Sounds like "Say your just a friend" and I softly let out a giggle. Only an hour left till we get to the 'Big Apple'. This is going to be awesome! Or at least I thought it would be.