Chapter 21

I look up to the balcony above the gym and see a bunch of screaming girls and what appears to be Dave.

I look at Connor and he smirks. "You're welcome." he says folding is arms over his chest. I look back up to the top of the balcony. All these thoughts are running through my head. Why is Austin here? Does he want me back? I left HIM.

I can't move. I'm frozen in my spot with my shoes in my hand right next to Connor, who eventually leaves to be with some girl. The group of girls starts running down the stairs to lead into the gym.

"Amanda Long, someone's waiting for you on top or the stairs."

I'm just frozen still so Zoe grabs my hand and pulls me up to the stairs. I look up from the ground and see, who I think would be Austin but is- Alex.

My jaw drops. Never would I have expected to see him.

He looks great. He's wearing a white dress shirt with a navy blue tie that perfectly matched my dress.

A smile grows on my face and he walks down the stairs. "I've missed you soooo much, baby!" he says coming to hug me. I look past him and see Zach, Robert and Austin standing there smiling. Alex leans in for a kiss and I accept. I take his hand to the dance floor and we just dance all night.

________________________

"Welcome back Amanda!" everyone shouts as I walk through the airport hand in hand with Alex. I smile. I've missed this a lot.

Zach and Robert come and hug me. Seems like an eternity since I've had a hug from them. Austin instantly has an attitude. "Okay guys come on we need to get back ASAP. I have a concert." He picks up my backs and shuffles towards the limo out front.

We get in and Mama and Dave ask me all about school and homecoming. I've missed them :)

We pull up to the house and I place my stuff on my familiar bed. I plop down on to my back and sigh deeply. "It's good to be back!" I breath out opening my eyes slowly. "Of course! We've all missed you babe!" Alex says smiling at me as I sit up. "Even Austin he just won't admit it." Zach says making Robert laugh.

Time to get ready for the show already. It's always busy here. I put my hair in a pony tail and we head out.

When we show up Austin's already rehearsing. He's practicing new covers to song. He's practicing Drake, Nelly, and Bruno Mars. He walks over to the piano and tries not to look at me. I hear a familiar piano riff and I know exaclty what song it is.

"Same bed but it feels just alittle bit bigger now, our song on the radio but it don't sound the same." I stare blankly at him. He looks....sad.

"I hope he buys you flowers, and holds your hand. Gives you all his hours when he has the chance. Take you to every party 'cause I remember how much you love to dance. Do all the things I should've done....when I was your man."

I have no words. He looks at me and gets up from the piano and walks away to backstage to get water. Alex looks at me and I pull his arm from around me and start to walk to Austin.

"Austin what was that?!" I said when I finally reached him. "I realized I messed up. I never did anything for you, for us! And that's how I feel." He looks down at his water and bits his lip nervously. "Just know I'm sorry." He says walking right past me and goes onto stage to rehearse again.

I guess I forgive him....

"Hey we're all getting food before the concert come on." Dave says to me as he pokes his head through the doorway. "Coming.." I say with a very shallow voice.