Chpt. 3 Vince

I woke up and realized that I had slept in very late. It was 7:55 am. School started in 35 minutes. When I realized this I quickly jumped up and changed into my last pair of clean clothes and put my hair back up in the messy ponytail with hat. I also realized that I need to find somewhere to wash my clothes. I don't want to always wear dirty clothes, but I'll worry about that later. I quickly stuffed all my non-school things under some rocks. I climbed down as quickly as my injuries would allow, but I jumped off the bottom from a bit to high and ended up landing on my left ankle wrong and fell down. Which caused all of my other injuries to be jostled. I stood up asap though, because I really did not want to be late. I limped/ran to school as quickly as possible and barely got seated in Math as the bell finished ringing.

I tried to pay attention during class, but it was really hard with the pain. So I made it look as if I knew what was going on and that I was paying attention, but I was caught.

"Ms. Star," Mrs. Jones called catching my attention. " When you have the problem '16 to the x power equals 4096.' What is the logarithmic function?"

I was completely lost. "Uhhh, I-I don't know ma'am" I managed to stutter out. I bet I looked like a deer caught in headlights

Mrs. Jones gives a very audible annoyed yet disappointed sigh "Ms. Star if you do not pay attention in class, you will never pass. I will let it slide this time, because it is Friday, but would you go sit by Mr. Esquivel. He can explain to you what we have been discussing."

I looked around the room trying to figure out who that was when my eyes landed on Rafael. He was giving me a small smile. I stood up and returned the smile, although it was slightly forced.

"Hi, my names Rafael but you can call me Raf."

"My names Lavanya, but I don't really like that name. So you can call me Lava." I told him with another fake smile. I might as well try and get along with people. Especially if they are being force to help me with my math. To be honest Raf wasn't that bad of kid.

"So are you new here?" I looked at Raf slightly surprised that he was trying to make conversation

"No I've been living here for... one minute I always forget.... ummm... Six years? Yeah. I've lived here for six years." I told him. I was slightly ashamed that it took me that long to do very simple math. I can do math well if I knew it, but I was a bit slow. I then looked down at the worksheet we had. "Hey Raf could you explain to me what the Heck all this is?" I noticed that his eyes just lit up when I asked him that. I was glad that I could change the subject so easily. He did a wonderful job explaining it. I wish he would do the teachers job, because I can actually understand what Raf is saying.

~~~Time Skip To Lunch Brought to you by The TIme Lords~~~

As soon as fourth period was done I rushed to the cafeteria. I never like having to fight the crowd of the cafeteria, so I always try to get my food and get out asap. I had gotten my food, today they had hamburgers, and was going to sit by my locker and read. This was my usual lunch routine, because there was nothing else to do. (If you haven't learned yet, I am NOT social at all) I was eating my lunch reading "The Thief", when My lunch tray was kicked off my lap spilling my only meal for the day all over the floor. I was not happy. I look up and glare at the person.

"Hey there beauty. Whatcha doing sitting here by yourself when you could sit by me?" It was Vince, AKA the school bully.

"If you were going to invite my to sit with you you should not have kicked My Lunch out of my lap," I growled at him. I looked down and clenched my fists, trying not to jump up and kill him.

"Well if you feel that way..." before I could protest, he pulled me up hard of the ground. It felt like he was killing my ribs from yanking me up like that not to mention my ankle wouldn't hold me up. It took all of my strength not to cry out in pain . He dragged me outside into an alley behind the school, where he started slapping me. I figured he was a kid like me, who just needed a way to get his anger out and he didn't have an alternative. I'm not saying I liked what he was doing it at all. I just understood. So for the most part I let him. He punched me right in the nose and I heard I crunch. I didn't let out a sound, but I did wince, when Vince kicked my ribs, hard. He must of had steeled toed boots on or something 'cause that hurt. He then pulled out a knife and started slicing at me. I didn't necessarily want to die, so I used the little strength I had left to make sure he didn't stab me, but he did succeed once he managed to stab it into my shoulder. I then fell to the ground exhausted and in pain.

I almost passed out from exhaustion and probably blood loss, when I heard someone yell, "Leave her alone Vince." I figured it was the principle or a teacher. A student wouldn't dare stand up and  try to stop Vince, but I was wrong.

"This is none of your business Darby. Stay out of it." Darby? Wasn't that Jack's last name?

"No, you have no reason to hurt her leave her alone."  I turned my head then to look over at Jack. He was standing at the entrance to the alleyway. I was surprised to see that Raf was standing next to Jack. Doesn't he get bullied by Vince also?

"Don't worry about me." I told them trying to make my voice stay strong. I did not want them to help me then get bullied worse for standing up for me. "I'll be fine. He's not that bad. I can handle him."

That was actually a big fat lie. I could already feel myself slipping into unconsciousness as I spoke. I just didn't want them, specifically Raf, to get hurt, because I failed to defend myself. Beside they were more important than me they had families. If I was killed it would just solve all my problems. 'No Lava stop thinking like that you can get through this. It will get better'. I then noticed Vince inching closer to Jack and Raf. I saw he was hiding his knife behind his back. He was planning to stab them. I soon realized what he was planning. So my body acted on instinct, and with all my strength, I jumped up on to Vince.

"Raf, Jack run. He has a knife!" I warned them. I then felt a very sharp pain in my gut. I looked down in shock. Vince's knife was in my stomach the whole blade was inside me. The only visible thing was the handle. I looked at Vince and realized that he didn't care. You could literally tell by the look on his face that he did not care. I was used to this though so it didn't hurt me. Finally completely used up I fell backwards. I heard quick footsteps and Raf calling my name. Then someone caught me, just before I hit the ground. I heard Jack say something about his mom right above me, but then came the darkness.

AN: Hey readers I know the story is a bit slow now, but don't worry she does meet the Autobots soon. I can't wait to write that chapter. Sorry it took me so long to get this chapter posted. I've been busy with home work and golf just started this week. Updates will continue to be a bit slower because of school. Also, thank you so much for reading my story. It encourages me to write more just knowing that people are reading it. I am honestly so shocked that over 40 people have read this story. I know that's not that many but hey it's my first book so I'm excited. Please feel free to vote and comment. I would LOVE feedback

Till All Are One

Wildfire