Chpt. 12 Thank you

Previously-----------------------------------------------------

"w-w-wheeljack" I call out softly before I collapse. I was still conscious, but I didn't have the strength to stand. I feel Wheeljack freeze. He mumbles something, and opens his chassis. I try to climb out but only succeed in hanging my upper body out of the opening when I run out of energy and stop. Thankfully he grabs me, surprisingly gently, and pulls me out.

"Sorry kid I forgot you were in there." He says looking down at me.

"That's ok" I fade off at the end as I finally lose consciousness. After struggling against it for the past few hours I was finally too tired to stay awake. I was surrounded by the darkness once more.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wheeljack's POV

I quickly caught Lava as she tumbled forward. She almost fell out of my hand. Then a bot who looked to be a medic walked over to me.

"Give her to me." He ordered. I quickly did as he said. He turned around speed walked over to another part of their base. I turned to everyone else.

"Wheeljack how did Lava end up with you?" Bulk asked me.

"I found her on the 'con's ship. Now idea how she got there. I just ran into a room to avoid some 'cons and there she was hanging there. It looked looked she had been tortured by Screams pretty badly." I tell them. I hope the kid's ok.

Lava's POV

I don't know how long I was unconscious, but the next thing I heard was a beeping sound slow and paced. I soon recognized the sound. It was I heart monitor. I was about to open my eyes and sit up when I heard voices.

"Miko I need you to stay out. She has been stabilized, but she shouldn't be waking up anytime soon. She needs to be left alone to heal." I quickly realized it was Doc talking. I relaxed a bit knowing that I was at their base and not in a hospital.

I was about to try and say something when a horrendous pain shot through my chest. My back arched. I tried not to scream, but it hurt terribly a bit worse then when that bully stabbed me. I was to weak to withhold the quiet scream that escaped my lips.I didn't know was to do. I tried to take deep breaths, but started to panic when I found out I couldn't take a breath. Finally I was able to hear someone speaking. It was Doc.

"Lava I know you can hear me I need you to calm down. Your heart rate is way to high. You need to calm down right now or I will sedate you." Doc orders me. My eyes shoot open and I look up at him. I still can't breath. I need to tell him so. How? 'Think Lava. Think.  I know!' I slowly lift my arm up. Boy does it hurt like pit! I set my hand around my throat in the supposably universal sign for choking. I think Doc got the message because he instantly looked alarmed.

"Ok Lava I am going to sedate you so I can get you breathing ok?" Ratchet tells me. I can't move without pain so I look at him hoping he get my message. I was terrified and I'm not a person that shows how scared I am often "Don't worry Lava you'll be fine I'm just putting you under so you won't be in as much pain." I nod my head slightly and even that triggers a huge migraine. I close my eyes slowly and I can feel myself going unconscious.

"T-thank y-you D-doc" I whisper and then fall into the way too familiar darkness.

Ratchet's POV

After I sedate Lavanya hook her up to a breathing apparatus. I don't know why she couldn't breathe and that bothered me. I didn't see anything that could have caused it. I run a scan over and then I notice something in her lung. She actually has a tiny piece of cybertronian alloy in her lungs. It must be from when Starscream stabbed her. I need to inform the rest of the team about her condition.

I walk over to the main area. I was surprised to see everyone even Wheeljack just standing there looking toward Medbay. I walk over to them.

"Lavanya will be fine. She woke up a few minutes ago and as I can assume you all heard she was in pain. I was trying to stabilize her, but she couldn't breath so I sedated her for now. She has a tiny piece of cybertronian alloy in her lung. All I need to do is have a quick surgery to remove the alloy and as I said she will be fine." I inform the team. They had been listening to me surprisingly quiet. Even Miko hadn't said anything.

"Thank you old friend she is under good care," Optimus says walking up to me and putting his servo on my shoulder. He then turned to Wheeljack. "And Wheeljack."

"Yes Prime?" Wheeljack answered

"Thank you for finding Lavanya. She is a good part of our team." Optimus told him.

"Are you sure 'bout that Prime?" Wheeljack asked Optimus walking up to him. I have had enough with this bot so I jump in.

"What do you just mean by that?" I ask Wheeljack.

"When I found Lava on the ship she was barely conscious and she thought she was going to slow me down." Wheeljack started informing the team. "She wanted me to leave her. I of course wasn't going to, but she is convinced that she is nothing but trouble, that nobot would care if she offlined. Also she thought that her guardian docbot here would be happy to be rid of her."

I froze when I heard this. I mean yeah I don't act caring toward her, but that is because I am the team medic not a personal best friend. I mean I do..... care in a fatherly way...... I mean it's my responsibility. I just don't like showing it.

"Well thank you Wheeljack for informing us of the situation now if you all don't mind I need to go prepare Lavanya for surgery." I stated then started walking back toward medbay, but Wheeljack stopped me.

"Wait Doc there is something else you need to know." He started. "She said something about not having any caring family and that no one would miss her. Do you know anything about her family?" He asked looking mainly at me or Optimus. I looked over at Optimus.

"I will research her family after I have completed the surgery, but I need to go do this now before the anaesthesia wears off." I then turned around and walked back to medbay. Why did Lava think we did not care? She is just as much a part of this team as Raphael, and Jack. Even Miko is part of the team. And why did she not mention her family not caring? I will have to ask her later. For now I must prepare for surgery.

AN: OMP!!! I have almost 1k reads that is INSANE!!!! I cannot believe it!! I only published this story 4 months ago. Thank you all sooo much!! Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You!!! Sorry it has taken so long to update I have been busy busy busy. I Qualified for regionals in golf so I've been practicing a lot this past few weeks. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it is a bit on the short side. I was trying to get it done.

And congratulations to @TheGlitterGamer for winning last chapters Guess the song. Here isd this chapter's song bueno suerte!

She asked me, "Son, when I grow old,
Will you buy me a house of gold?
And when your father turns to stone,

Will you take care of me?"

I will make you queen of everything you see,
I'll put you on the map,
I'll cure you of disease.

Let's say we up and left this town,
And turned our future upside down.
We'll make pretend that you and me,
Lived ever after happily.

She asked me, "Son, when I grow old,
Will you buy me a house of gold?
And when your father turns to stone,
Will you take care of me?"

I will make you queen of everything you see,
I'll put you on the map,
I'll cure you of disease.

Ohhhh...
And since we know that dreams are dead,
And life turns plans up on their head,
I will plan to be a bum,
So I just might become someone.

She asked me, "Son, when I grow old,
Will you buy me a house of gold?
And when your father turns to stone,
Will you take care of me?"

I will make you queen of everything you see,
I'll put you on the map,
I'll cure you of disease.

Till All Are One

Wildfire