Chpt. 16 Can you be my sire?

AN: So instead of Optimus pretend it is Lava. We good? Good.

I sat up on the berth screaming my head off. I quickly realized that what had occurred was only a dream. I heard quick pedsteps approaching, but I didn't do anything. I just sat there frozen whimpering kind of loudly and shaking nonstop.

"Lava what's wrong?" I heard Doc ask. I wanted to ask, but I couldn't get myself to say anything I just sat there, staring at the wall across the room. Then all I saw was doc standing in front of me. I didn't make eye contact with him. I just kept looking straight ahead, but of course he knelt down so that he was looking into my eyes.

"Lava what's wrong." I couldn't hold it in anymore and started sobbing. I pulled my knees up to my chest and continued sobbing. I don't like crying, but I couldn't stop. I then felt doc pick me up and hold me against his chassis. I slowly started to calm down and think about what the dream might of meant.

'Do they really hate me so much? I know I'm nothing but trouble, but I didn't think that much. Actually it is probably my fault that Wheeljack is leaving so soon.' I asked/told myself. I look up at Doc, who wasn't saying anything else. He just held me against his chassis and rubbed my back with his digit.

"S-s-so-o-or-r-r-ry-y-y" I whimpered curling up into a tight ball while snuggling into him.

"Shhh. You have no reason to apologize." Doc said in a soft tone. If anyone else had heard him they would have been shocked. Even I was shocked at how soft it was, but was too shaken up to really notice.

We sat there for a few minutes while I calmed down. Eventually I was able to stop shaking and calm my breathing.

"Th-thank you Doc" I croaked out my voice was hoarse from all my sobbing.

"For what?" He asked still in his soft voice.

"Everything." I took another slow deep breath. "For helping me, for not just leaving me, for comforting me. For being like a true dad to me." I whispered the last part, but he obviously heard it because I felt him stiffen. I curled up tighter into his chassis. "S-sorry I-it just came out." I didn't think he would see me as a daughter, who would ever want me as a daughter. I hid my face and withheld a whimper, waiting for him to scold me.

"Lava, look at me." Doc commanded firm yet still in a soft tone. I shook my head. "Lava" He said even more firm. I didn't want more trouble so I complied. I slowly I curled slightly and looked up at him. "Lava" he said with a sigh. His features on his face softened a LOT when he saw how scared I was.

Honestly I was scared. I was terrified. I was scared of being rejected, of being hated, of causing problems,  of being alone.

"Lava I will keep you safe. I have never had a sparkling before to care for, but I promise I will try to be the best sire I can be." He promised looking me straight in the eyes. It took me a sec to realize what he had said. Once I did my eyes opened wide.

"R-really?" I asked not believing my own hearing.

"Yes. I do care for you Lava. You are the sparkling I've never had." He said looking at me with an even softer look if that is even possible. "I promise I will not purposely hurt you, and I will never abandon you." He put his other servo around me and hugged me into his chassis. After a minute or so I look up at him.

"Thank you Do- er, Sire" I said smiling up at him. He gave me the the biggest smile I've ever seen from him. Which isn't that big, but for D-Sire it was huge.

"Your welcome, Lava"

(UGH this would be such a good place to end the chpt. but it's too short!!!)