Chpt. 20 The Test (For lack of a better title)

Lava's POV

I was practicing with my mom like I have been for who knows how long. She has allowed  me to see little glimpses of what everyone at base has been up to. I was slightly worried when Unicron was awaking, but my mom told me everything would be fine and it was. Same with Optimus, when he lost his memory. She actually let me follow Jack and Arcee, when they were here on Cybertron. They couldn't see or hear me though, I could only watch. It was exciting to say the least. Those scraplets where freaky. That still give me shivers. Anyway back to the present.

My mom has been training me to become more skilled with my katanas and fist fighting. It has been amazing to spend more time with her and train with her, but I can't wait to be done. I want to go to my home with the Autobots. My mom was having me spar with a solid hologram, I was doing quite well, but I definitely had much more room for improvement. I soon disarmed the hologram and won.  My mom then walked over as the hologram disappeared.

"Good. Now I believe we have another test coming. This one is a pass or fail and if you fail, well that would be a major set back. Also you must figure out what the test is exactly in order to pass. So let us begin" As she finished she lifted up her hands and behind her rose up a figure. The figure walked closer and I was confused. It was Wheeljack, but he was human sized or I was his size. I don't know which it was, but we were the same height. Well he was slightly taller, but not by much at all.

"Now let the test begin" My mom said from off to the side. Once she finished Wheeljack came right at me.

"Woah!" I yelled as I defended myself against Wheeljack. "Oh, Come On! Really?" I shouted annoyed. "Why do I always have to fight you, Wheeljack?" I continued defending, because I know it isn't really Jackie, but that doesn't mean I want to fight a hologram of him.

"Lava quit pulling your punches! What are you? Weak? Come on!" I heard my mom yell from of to the side. "I thought you could do better!!" I tensed at these words.

'I'm not weak' I told myself 'This is all part of the test, but what is the test?' I thought as I tried to hold the Wheeljack-like hologram off. 'Come on THINK!!' I yelled in my mind 'I don't want to have to hurt my friend.' I kept dodging and spinning around to avoid getting hit with Wheeljack's twin katanas. I countered every strike every hit with my own swords. Never once did his swords touch my skin.

"Come on I don't want to fight you Jackie!" I yelled as we continued our deadly dance. 'wait that's it' I thought. That is the test.' I did a backflip away from Wheeljack and sheathed my swords on my back. I let my arms fall to my sides. "I'm not going to fight you Wheeljack. You're my friend, and I don't try to kill my friends." I said sternly as I stood there. He rushed at me and I stared straight ahead, at him, not flinching as he charged me. He froze right before his sword hit my abdomen. He then looked up at me with that cocky grin of his.

"Well done" He said as he straightened and sheathed his own swords. "See you soon." With that he fizzed out and was gone. I let out a small sigh of relief, glad that my guess was correct.

"Congratulations! Well done on your final test." My mom said as she walked up to me.

"Thank yo-- Wait! Final? Does that mean I'm done?" I asked getting excited. I looked at her eagerly.

"Yes this was your final test and since you passed it so well, I do believe you can return. You have learned so much these past few months. They will help you in the near future. Now, when you wake up, I must warn you, it has been just under three months since you were attacked and have seemingly been in a coma. So everyone has been worried about you, especially your sire." She gave me a small smile at that last part. "Also Lava there is a prophecy you should know about. Optimus and Ratchet already have heard it they might just not remember."