Chpt. 9 Wheeljack?

Previously--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I then hear a very powerful engine coming into base. A yellow and black, chevrolet camaro drove up, I'm guessing it is Bumblebee. It opened it's passenger side door and I was slightly surprised to see Raf jump out of the seat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good morning." Raf calls out to anyone who would hear him, and everyone replies in there own way. I stay silent. This is their base I am simply a guest. Raf comes up to me. "Hi Lava. Are you feeling better. When the bots brought you in, they wouldn't tell us what happened."

"Hello Raf, I am feeling better thank you, and as for what happened I was out for a jog in the desert and my wound had somehow broken open and I had passed out. Docbot found me and brought me here." I am so glad lying comes easily to me.

"I'm happy that you're ok. I was quite scared once I realized that it was you the bots found." I put a hand on his shoulder to offer slight comfort.

"Don't worry about that now. I am better and shall live just fine." I tell him, we really need to change the subject. I think Docbot has become a mind reader because he calls over to all of us.

"All right now that you are all finally here, it is cleaning day, Arcee and Jack are going clean the training room, Bumblebee and Rafael are cleaning the main area, Bulkhead and Miko are cleaning and organizing the energon storage rooms, Optimus will be scouting certain sectors for decepticon activity, and I will be scanning for energon. Now go" Everyone dispersed to do what Doc had assigned them, although most of them were grumbling about it *cough* Miko *cough cough*. I realized that I had not been given a job. I walked over to Doc's computer.

"Hey Doc I wasn't given a job. Is there something you need me to do?" Ratchet looked at me surprised.

"No," He answered, "You are still recovering from last night so you need rest, and if you did to much strenuous activity you would only injure yourself worse." I was shocked that he was actually trying to prevent me from further injury. "Don't get the wrong idea. I just don't want to have to fix you again, and you would only get in the way of the cleaning." I look down at the ground slightly disappointed. Not in Doc. No, I wasn't disappointed in him. I was disappointed in myself. I let myself go and, even for a second, believe that I was more than a burden. That someone actually cared, but I was wrong. 'Stupid Lava' I think mentally slapping myself, 'Stupid. Stupid. Stupid."

"Oh ok." I say trying to not sound too let down. I walk over to the couch and lay down. I might as well rest, since I have nothing else to do. Again.

~~~Time skip to that afternoon brought to you by A3~~~

I had woken up about two hours ago, I was really tired. I have been watching Bumblebee and Raf play a racing game on the little TV they have in the human hangout area. Everyone is done with their chores except Bulkhead and Miko. I'm guessing that they are goofing off more than working, but oh well it's there own time that they are wasting.

I was finishing this thought, when speak of the devil Miko and Bulkhead walked into the room. Miko was saying something about dune bashing, and bulkhead mentioned a monster-truck rally. I wasn't paying much attention.

"Optimus," Doc calls catching everyone's attention we all wonder over. "I'm receiving a signal on a restricted band. It appears to be from a starship, inside this solar system." He continues he stops for a moment, typing on his computers trying to identify the signal. "It's an Autobot identification beacon."