Forced to buy a Vampire Slave~ 1

((A/N: I'm in the process of editing the first several chapters of this story, so things may be changed.
The picture is of Arabelle.))

I woke up to a bright light piercing the veil of my sleep. I threw the blanket over my head in an attempt to ignore it and regain my sleep.

''Princess, it's time to get up; your parents have something special planned for you today.'' My mom's personal assistant spoke.

''What time is it?'' I sighed, quickly giving up on the idea of more sleep.

''It's nearly noon.''

''Can't I sleep for a few more minutes?'' I asked from under the covers, unwilling to move just yet.

''I'm sorry, Princess. But your mother would like a word with you''

I sighed heavily and threw the covers off, to be met by the harsh sun light. I closed my eyes again. ''Can you please shut the curtains?''

''Of course, your majesty'' She obliged.

The light went away and I thought it safe to open my eyes.

''I told you, Marry-Anne, just call me Arabelle. Tell my mother I'll be down in a minute.'' I affirmed softy.

She nodded, bowing for a moment before leaving the bedroom.

I got out of bed, dragging myself out of the comfort of my covers, and grabbed a pair of jeans to tug on. Once semi-decent, I trudged down the long staircase of the castle and made my way to my parent's office on the first floor.

My mother and father were seated at their desks, such a normal sight to me that I didn't even take notice anymore.

''Did you need something?" I inquired, collapsing into one of the armchairs.

''Happy birthday, Arabelle.'' My mom smiled at me warmly.

"Thanks," I smiled somewhat, not feeling all that thrilled about turning seventeen because I was too damn tired to care right now.

''Since you're nearly reaching the age of an adult and will soon be taking over the kingdom, your father and I have decided that's appriate for you to get your first slave.'' She claimed calmly.

''I don't want one.'' I quickly responded, closing off the idea immediately.

''Arabelle, every princes I know of has a personal slave for thier own use. It's a sign of status.'' Dad commented firmly.

'I don't care. I'm not having a slave. It's...wrong. You know how I feel about it.:"

Dad exchanged a glance with mom and she sighed audibly.

''You have no say in the matter.'' Dad stated. "You're buying a slave today and that's final."

''I don't need nor want a slave.'' I argued.

''Every princess needs a slave. It's custom.'' Mom noted.

"Not for this princess.''

''There will be no more discussion. It's final. Go get ready to leave.'' Dad told me.

I lifted myself out of the chair and left the room, my arguing wasn't getting me anywhere and I was too upset to keep myself from saying something that would get me in trouble with my parents.

© hauntmeup