30. Family

"I can’t believe you are making waffles" Bill chirped like a five year old. I chuckled at him as I turned to the waffle iron that cooked the batter.

"Nobody ever makes waffles for me!" He mumbled with a grin on his face as he was sitting by the table in the kitchen, looking at me as I was making the waffles.

"Not even Mellie?" I teased as he frowned slightly.

"She can’t really cook, how much she even tries" he said with a slight sigh, making me laugh.

"I know, I have taught her the little she knows at least" I said and shrugged my shoulders.

" Yeah and she makes a killer spaghetti so thank you!" He beamed at me.

I opened the iron and saw two perfect waffles. I used a fork to pick them up and put them on a plate as I turned around and placed it on the table in front of Bill. I swear, you could mistake him of a child as he grinned to himself and snatched up the plate to start eating on the waffles. I rolled my eyes at him and chuckled and went back to the iron to make some more.

"OMG these are delicious! Bill moaned while he had his mouth filled making me feel satisfied with my accomplishment. As I was placing another batter in the iron, closing it, I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around my waist, pulling me slightly back.

"It does smell delicious"Tom’s rusty voice said making me get goose bumps. I turned my head slightly and felt his breaths on my neck.

"Are you hungry?" I smirked as he chuckled.

"I’m always hungry" he smiled and gave me a soft kiss on the cheek. I started blushing lightly as my mind drifted off to last night. The both of us hadn’t gotten a lot of sleep, at all.  

I watched as Tom sat down beside Bill and started talking about something in German, as I was checking up on the waffles trying to get rid of my blushing.

"Here you go" I said and put the plate on the table as both of the boys instantly placed their forks and grabbed waffles.

"So Bill how did it go with your engine last night?" I asked as I remembered he had been worried his engine was going break. Bill shrugged his shoulders.

"I don’t know really, it smelled kind of bad, so I think it’s leaking gasoline" he said as I took a piece of my own waffle and chewed on it. Wow I really did make good waffles I thought as a small smirk crept upon my lips.

"Well I could check it out and see if there is anything I could do" I said simply as he nodded.

"Yeah thanks that would be great!" He cheered making me chuckle. My eyes glanced over at Tom who was sitting staring at me with a smile on his face.

"What?" I said and almost felt a little embarrassed. He just shook his head.

"No it’s nothing, I just…I just pictured… " he said with a big goofy smile on his face and shook his head lightly as he averted his eyes somewhere else.

"What?" I giggled as he just gave me the same big goofy grin.

"What are you looking so stupid for?" Bill said with a raised eyebrow while he chewed on some waffles, kind of destroying the moment. Tom turned his head and gave his brother an irritated look.

"Shut up" he groaned. I chuckled and chewed down the last piece of my waffle. I stood up from my chair and walked over to the sink and placed my plate down.

"Biiiiill" a high pitched voice called and I couldn’t help but to smile to myself as I remembered how much of a personality my friend was.

"Yeah?" Bill called casually as he turned around and Mellie walked inside the kitchen with a grumpy expression on her face.