Disastrous

Levi killed the first titan flawlessly while Farlan and Isabelle killed the second titan together. They struggled a little, but they managed to do it.

"Impressive," you said quietly.

"All Titans have been exterminated!" Someone yelled. Once the three of them got situated on the ground you saw Erwin ride his horse up to the trio who were celebrating their first titan kills.

"Impressive. Considering it was your first time. But you used too much gas. You need to be especially conservative out here," you heard Erwin say. Farlan was about to retort, but Levi put his hand up, stopping him.

"You're expecting me to take priority of my equipment over the lives of my friends?" Levi asked.

"You're performing a lot of unnecessary movements. Are you beginning to have doubts?" Erwin asked. You growled lightly before riding your horse in between Erwin and Levi, forcing both of them to take a step back.

"Enough Erwin. Leave them alone," you said, annoyed beyond anything. He just hummed before turning his horse around and trotting off. You sighed through your nose. "How he said it was coarse, but he's right. However, you three did great. A lot better than me when I first started."

~
You were all riding back on track after that whole fiasco. However, it began to rain. It went from a small drop to a full on downpour. You couldn't see any thing so you had to stick close to Shadis.

'Dammit, even with my sharp senses I can't see past five feet in front of myself.' You thought, frustrated. Your squad and you are both separated due to orders, but you can't help but feel something bad is going to happen. And your gut is usually right. You were riding along a tree line. Through the whipping rain, you could no longer hear the faint hoof beats. It was awfully quiet. Then you felt a heavy vibration to your left. You snapped your head towards the trees and saw a silhouette of a Titan, but on all fours, instead of two feet.

'An abnormal?' You thought. You saw it move until you could no longer see it. You sucked in a deep breath as fear clouded your vision.

"EVERYONE! GET AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN, NOW!" You screamed at the top of your lungs. The people who were close to you heard and immediately sped up their horses, where the rest weren't so lucky. You could sense the large titan behind you, and luckily, its attention wasn't on you. The soldiers behind you, though, couldn't say the same. They were eaten, or completely mutilated by the abnormal Titan. Then your eyes widened in realization.

'My squad doesn't know about that Titan.' You quickly loaded your flare gun and shot out a black flare, hoping your squad would see it in time. Your stomach churned when you heard Anaka scream, but was interrupted by a sickening crack. Some of the cadets, Erwin, Shadis, and you were all able to get some cover. You couldn't see through the rain that well, but what you could see clearly, was the blood spraying through the air. That's when you saw Levi. His horse tripped on a body, sending him flying to the ground, right next to Isabel's mangled head. Then the Titan spit out half of Farlan. You saw the pure horror on Levi's face. You proceeded to watch as Levi cut that bitch down to literal shreds, all while screaming his lungs out--and heart--out. You heard the pure agony, anger, fear, and loneliness in those screams. You never want to hear that scream again. Once the Titan fell dead the rest of the corps gathered around the steaming titan corpse.

The rain soon stopped and the sun broke through from behind the clouds. The Titan body was nothing more than a skeleton at that point.

"So you're the only survivor?" Erwin strode up to Levi. "How pathetic." Erwin smirked, obviously trying to piss him off. Levi had the look of pure murder on his face as he turned towards Erwin and stomped towards him. He pulled out one of his swords and clashed with Erwin's hand. Mike had tried to hold him back.

"I'm going to... kill you! That's why I'm here!" Levi confessed angrily. Erwin calmly reached into his pocket and threw out a scroll. It rolled on the ground, soaking up rain water.

"These documents revealing Lobou's crimes are a fake. The real ones are most likely with Darius Zackley by now," Erwin said. Levi scowled at him, practically shaking with anger.

"You knew everything from the start! You knew we were after you from the beginning, yet you—!" Levi pushed against Erwin, but Mike pulled him back. Levi stood for a few seconds before collapsing to his knees. After Erwin said a few things to Levi he turned and left on his horse. You took this opportunity and slowly walked in front of Levi. His gaze slowly met yours as you crouched down in front of him.

"I'm sorry. That Titan took us by surprise. The fog just made it worst," you said softly. You looked down, mentally counting the number of deaths that happened on the expedition. "Anaka also died." You mostly said that to yourself than to Levi. You sighed through your nose before slowly standing up.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save your friends. I know how much they meant to you," you apologized before turning around. However, a hand shot out and grabbed you by the wrist--tightly.

"It's not your fault..." Levi replied in a quiet, shaky voice. "It's mine... If only I hadn't risked their lives... if only I hadn't split off... they would still be alive..." He tightened his grip on your wrist. You sighed before turning around and crouching once again, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Quiet. You couldn't have possibly known about those documents. It's not your fault. Not at all," you reassured. "Remember, I'm always here if you need me. Whether you like it or not, I'll support you, you understand?" He nodded slightly and you took your hand off his shoulder.

"We should get going. It's dangerous out here," you said, standing up. You looked behind you and saw Erwin meandering around.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}