Week 1~

DAY ONE

"Oi, get your asses up! We're moving out!" You yelled, voice echoing through the house. You heard multiple groans and curses in reply. You didn't blame them. The sun had barely risen above the horizon. The first one down was Amelia. Her hair was sticking out everywhere and she had dark bags under her eyes.

"Here," you said while tossing her a piece of bread. It hit her face before it plopped into her hands. The rest of your squad filed down as well, some were more perky than others though... Sienna was probably the grumpiest.

"Why the fuck are we up so early?!" She hissed out.

"I don't like waking up early either, but we still have a shit ton of places to go to," you replied back calmly.

~
The squad and you rode out into Wall Maria, leaving your campsite behind.

"All of you stay on track. I'll be separating, use the flares," you said.

"Wait what?!" Aria exclaimed.

"You have Sienna. If anything goes wrong, flare me. I'll be there in a jiffy."

"Is this a good idea?!" Xavier asked.

"Why are you splitting off?!" Amelia asked, "I thought you said we shouldn't be separating!"

"I know, but there's a small village up ahead that I want to check out," you replied, "I won't be long." You split off and headed towards the left. As you were riding on your own, you noticed not many Titans were out, which was strange.

'Where could they all be?' You thought while passing ruined houses. All of a sudden, you heard a low growl. You pulled at the reins, stopping your horse from going any further. You heard the growl again, except this time closer and louder. You hopped off your horse and pulled out one of your blades.

"Who's there?" You asked, your voice slightly echoing in the distance. You heard a groan located behind the houses. You cautiously approached them. You pressed myself up against the side of the house and slowly walked towards the back. Once you turned your head around the corner of the house, your eyes widened when a Titan wasn't even ten feet in front of you. Your breathing became shallow, the thumping of my heart was clear in my ears. The Titan locked eyes with you, making you slightly bend your knees in case it attacked. Its breathing was heavy and it released this struggled groan with every breath, making you weary of its movement.

It slowly raised its arm and brought it out towards you, resulting in your jaw clenching. Once its hand was in front of your face, it released this roar and jumped towards you with its mouth open. You maneuvered to the top of the roof quickly. The Titan slowly got up and turned its head in your direction. It opened its mouth and made strange noises, almost as if it was trying to talk, but it couldn't. It once again reached its hand towards you and you instinctively grabbed the handles of your blades. But then it stopped. Turning away from you, it slowly began to walk away from you. You blinked at it.

'What just happened...'
The titan, now ignoring you completely, continued to walk away. You shook the shock out of your head.

'I have to regroup...' You thought before hooking your gear into its shoulders. You quickly went around it and slashed the nape, successfully killing it. You landed on the ground and quickly mounted your horse.

"Let's go, H/n!" You said as you whipped the reins and traveled the opposite way of how you came. You loaded a flare gun and fired a yellow flare. In about three minutes of absolute silence you were responded with another yellow flare at the other side of the village.

"Okay, let's go!" You made your horse run faster. Once you were where the flare was signaled off, you saw their horses tied to a broken fence, but they weren't with them.

"Where are they?" You muttered. You looked all around, but didn't find any sign of them. That is until, you heard a gunshot go off. You snapped your head behind yourself and scanned the broken-down house. You hopped off your horse.

"They're in there..." You pulled out one of your blades along with a hidden gun. You stalked up towards the door and pressed your ear against it.

"I won't say it again, when will she be here?" You heard an unfamiliar man's voice.

"I-I don't know!! We fired the flare!!" Elliot cried in response.

"You guys don't realize how important she is, do you?" The man asked. You heard footsteps walk across the wooden boards.

"Why do you need her anyways?" Sienna asked. You rolled your eyes at her.

"Her body, her mind, even her attitude is perfect for my research," he said before chuckling. "But--" The door opened with a slam, old wood splintering into pieces.

"Thank you for thinking I'm perfect, but I have no intention of working for you" you said, pointing your gun at him, the sword hanging near your hip.

"Captain!" Amelia cried. You observed your squad and saw them all tied in one way or another. You looked at the wall behind them and saw a bullet hole in the stained wood.

"Oh look who decided to show up," he said, striding up to you. Once he got in front of you, he pushed your hand with the gun away and leaned his head towards yours.

"What do you want?" You asked, matching his gaze with ease.

"Ohh, I know that look. Defiance, resentment, confidence, fearlessness. Ahh, perfect~" He purred in my face. You narrowed your eyes at him.

"You wish." You aimed the gun and shot it out. He fell to the floor, too in pain to even scream. Xavier stared wide eyed at the mystery man.

"Did you just--"

"Shoot him in the penis?" Sienna finished casually. Xavier and Elliot fidgeted uncomfortably while Amelia just stared on in curiosity.

"What's a penis?" She asked innocently. You all just stared at her before looking at each other.

"It's a type of pants."
"It's a mans best friend."
"He has sex with it."

"Shut it Sienna!" You harshly whispered. You then sheathed your weapons and walked over to them, stepping over the man's crippled body. "That's not important! I found you and that's all that matters. We need to head out now." You cut the ropes that bound them.

"You didn't find anyone?" Aria asked.

"No, now come on!" You said while running out of the house and leaping over the man.

~
"So a titan ignored you? " Elliot asked, staring at you like you had three heads.

"Yes. It tried to eat me at first, but it's like a flip switched. It ignored me after that," you explained, lifting yourself onto your horse. The others untied their horses and soon galloped alongside you.

"What could it mean?" Xavier asked.

"I don't know. Last time I checked, I've never been ignored by a titan."

"I see."

"How long until the walls?" Amelia asked.

"We'll be there by afternoon, tomorrow," you replied, "If we're not killed at least."

Ja ne!

   {Ruby Red}