The graduation ceremony!

Red Flare = Titan spotted
Black Flare = Abnormal spotted
Blue Flare = Retreat
Green Flare = Change direction of the formation.
Yellow Flare = Mission terminated, failed or successful.
Purple Flare = Emergency.

Edit: Fun fact, I wrote ^ this before I read the wiki, I had no idea that they had a purple flare, which literally meant an emergency. Almost shit myself out of excitement.

~
It's been three years already. Three full years have passed. Levi's and yours relationship is still going strong. You couldn't believe how far the both of you have come. You hadn't heard anything from your father those years, which you didn't give a shit. But you were focused on something else, now. It's the graduation ceremony for the 104th Trainee Squad, and the squad leaders were all giving out speeches. You were supposed to go next, then Erwin after you.

"Next up! Second Commander of the Survey Corps! Y/n L/n!" They called. You walked up to the stage, overlooking the cadets that managed to make it through the three grueling years.

"It's an honor to meet you, 104th Trainee Squad. Now, as you may have heard, or seen in some peoples cases." You eyed the trio before averting your gaze back to the center. "As you know, the land beyond the walls are dangerous, and mostly unexplored except for the parts we have been to. Most of you will die a horrid and painful death, however with a fresh new batch of soldiers like you lot, I believe we'll be able to take a large step for our victory for humanity. It's a big commitment with grave sacrifices, but I truly believe the Survey Corps will aid humanity in its freedom," you finished with a closed eye smile.

~
When the whole ceremony was finished, and everyone was done talking, you walked off the stage with Levi joining your side.

"I actually thought you were going to say your speech without cursing," he spoke.

"Your fault for thinking that."
He clicked his tongue, but said nothing.

"Your speech wasn't that bad. I mean, it made people shit their pants, but it wasn't bad for a whole," you said.

"Yeah, but at least you don't have to train those shitty brats anymore," he replied, letting the back of his hand brush against yours. 

"I actually like those shitty brats though," you said with a grin. He only clicked his tongue, glancing at you for a second. 

"We have an expedition coming up in three days," he said. You let out a quiet sigh.

"I'm in charge of a full squadron. Ten people Levi. The fuck am I suppose to do if a whole horde of Titans appear? I can't take them out and keep track of those little shits," you voiced. Levi furrowed his brows at you.

"You? Worried? What the hell happened to the emotionless, non-worried person I've always known?"

"She's still there, but I have a record to uphold, ya know? And there are some people who I'm really close to, like Asher," you replied. He scoffed.

"You're fine. If Eyebrows didn't trust you, he wouldn't have put you in charge."

"Damn, I've gotten more worrisome in my old age, huh?" You laughed lightly.

"Tch. You're not that old. What are you? 23?"

"Wow... thanks for remembering my age, Mr. 29."
He scowled at you, but that only widened your smile.

"You're only six years old than me. Calm down," you said, nudging him gently.

"Shut up."

"How's your new squad?" You asked.

"They're fine. They're fine soldiers," he replied.

"I see. Well, I haven't had a squad since you, Isabal, Farlan, and Anaka. So, to be honest I'm nervous. I was responsible for you four, so..." You trailed off, looking up towards the sky.

"Yeah, I know."
After a second, you looked back ahead of you.

"I just hope nothing goes wrong."

"Nothing will go wrong. You're strong. You'll make it out alive," he assured, turning his head to look at you. 

"I know. I've done it before, I can do it again," you said, also turning your head towards him.

"Just don't die, you dumbass."

"How many expeditions have I been on? I think I'll be alright." You smiled at him. A tiny, almost unnoticeable smile came up to his face as well.

~
The days passed by fairly quickly and now the Survey Corps were riding down the streets. Everybody that gathered to watch oo'ed and aw'ed. You smirked at Levi's reaction, thinking it was hilarious, because everyone kept talking about him... until they started talking about you.

"It's Second Commander Y/n!"
"I heard she's as strong as a whole army!"
"Go bring your Titan kill number up!!!"

"Eat shit," you hisses quietly. You could see Levi smirk a tiny bit out of the corner of your eye, which only made you glare at him. "Alright! An inspirational sentence for my squadron!" You silenced them.

"DON'T FUCKING DIE!!!"
The gate was raised, revealing the outside. You all charged your horses outside the walls as each section split. The Corps was split into four separate sections. Levi was captain of section one, Mike was captain of section two, Hanji and Erwin were the captains of section three, and I was the captain of section four.

"Oi! You guys remember the the new signal flare color?!" You yelled back.

"Yes! Purple means an emergency has occurred!" One of them replied.

"Good!"

"Titans!" One warned. You looked towards your left and saw three Titans. Two abnormals.

"Why must this always fucking happen?" You muttered angrily. "Asher! Shoot a black flare! Everyone prepare for contact!" He nodded while quickly loading the flare and shooting it up into the air.

The ride for the other sections was unusually peaceful, but it was soon ruined when a black flare shot off. Levi noticed it, and saw its location.

"Petra! Shoot a flare!" He ordered.

"Yes!" She replied, fumbling with the flare, but managing to load it, and shoot it. Within minutes, the other sections shot black flares as well. Afterwards, it was quiet, too quiet... Levi and his squad waited patiently for another signal flare.

"What's going on?" Gunther asked.

"That was from Commander Y/n's section right?" Olou added.

"A black flare means abnormal," Eld chimed in. There was nothing for a few minutes after that.

"Did Commander Y/n take care of them?" Petra commented. However, they soon got their answer when Y/n's section shot another flare. Except it wasn't red or black. It was purple

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}