Chapter 9

Jake turns around to see me in my bed shaking...

All he can think to say is, "What do I do?!"

"Get...my...nurse now!" I say.

Jake sprints out of my room to go find Gracie. I was praying that he would be able to find her.
Two minutes later, Jake comes rushing back into my room...with no one.

"Jake, what happened?" I said mumbling half of my sentence.

"No luck. What now?"

"Jake I'm shaking! Get the DOCTOR!"

"On it!" He says.
Jake dashes out of the room.

Not even a minute later he returns with my doctor, Dr.Grayson, and a bunch of other people.

My doctor looks at my chart, monitor, and well me. She moves quickly but swiftly as she moves across the floor to check things. Dr.Grayson gathers up the rest of the people and one by one they come near me. I feel myself tense and Jake looks at me, worrying. Extremely quickly they work together and take out my I.V. and everything else, meaning stuff like the oxygen mask and more.

That took less than five minutes and then half the people leave and I'm left with three people, Dr.Grayson, Jake and another nurse.
Jake asks what was going to happen and my doctor replies,
"O.R."

J:"Well can I come for now?"

Dr.G:"Yes! Now, please, hurry up!"

I get wheeled out of my room and into the O.R.

In the O.R., one of the sides of my bed came down next to another bed thing, that didn't look that comfortable. I wasn't shaking that bad luckily but I was completely zoning in and out of reality. In fact, it was so bad I couldn't tell what was real anymore and what was a hallucination. Someone in the room was telling me to switch beds, so I did as I was told, at least from what I think was real.

I moved myself into the cold slab called "a bed." Another person, dressed in scrubs, places a hand on me and pushes me down, so that I'm laying down with my head on a pillow. Once I'm all settled in, a man who was in there pulled a blanket over me while someone else puts these weird sticker things on my chest. They were cold and I absolutely hated them.
I feel Jake grab my hand while someone puts a mask on my face. Jake squeezes my hand extremely hard.
I start to feel my eyes close and the room...everything was foggy and fuzzy.

As I'm half awake and half loopy, and I feel my eyes closing for good, I feel my brothers hand slip away.

Jake's P.O.V
"Hey! Why did you take me out of there?"

Random Nurse:"First,technically there are absolutely no siblings allowed in there anyway. We only made an exception because you have no parents. Second, you are not allowed to stay in there during the operation. Just please follow me."

"Fine. I'm right behind you."

Random Nurse:"Sit here in the waiting area and I will come out later with her doctor and tell you how everything went. Got it?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

I watch as the nurse walks away and decide to pull out my phone. I look at the time, 6:30pm and then goes to messages to let Amber,Ross,Percy, Nikki and Billy know about the emergency.
Group text
From Jake
To Amber,Percy, Billy, Nikki, Ross

Guys get down here quick! There's been some sort of emergency

Percy's House:
Percy's family is eating dinner:

Percy's phone vibrates
"Sorry mom."

Percy pulls out his phone, reads the text and says,
"No way! I gotta go mom."