Chapter 14

Haha! Yeah, there was nothing to be afraid of, I was safe here.
With that, Taylor and Jake went to the other side of my room and started to talk.
As my time was getting closer and closer to leave, I was wondering what was going to happen. What was I going to be asked, if anything? I talked with the others to distract myself and calm my nerves. But, before I knew it, it was 11:30 and Sam had just knocked on my door. I quickly said goodbye to Amber, Ross, Percy, Brian, and Nikki and told them I'd be back soon and that they could wait downstairs in the waiting room. Ross helped me into my wheelchair and Jake gave me one of his shy smiles before I left, and then Sam was pushing me out my door.

Jake P.O.V.
Taylor was looking at me and started by saying, "So, Jake, I want you to tell me what makes you nervous or anxious?"
"Well," I start to say, "I don't exactly know. I guess anything that seems like some sort of threat to myself, Carly, or my friends..." But near the end my voice trails off.
"Why do you look so nervous?" She asks.
"To tell you the truth, I don't know. I'm sorry." I say, trying to be as polite as possible.
"No, no don't apologize, it's fine. Here, I want to try something new with you."
"Ok, what is it?"
I watch Taylor as she pulls out a few toys, at least I think they're toys, out of her bag. One looked like a ball that was soft and squeezable and the other I had no idea what it was. Taylor hands both to me and I knew what she was going to have me do. If I feel stressed, angry, or something like that I would use one of these things.
Turns out I was right...

Carly P.O.V.
I wondered if I was going to Sam's office or some place else maybe.
"So, where are we going?" I ask.
"To my office. It shouldn't be much further from here." He told me as we passed the café store.
I got back up to my room with Amber, Ross, Brian, Percy, and Nikki behind me because I had to grab them from the waiting room after, at 12:15 and Jake was waiting by the window. He seemed to be holding something and I was curious so I ask him about it. He explains it to me and I see him start to play with it again after he finishes.
We each decide to tell each other how it went.
Jake says, "yeah, pretty good I guess."
"Mine was the same. It's weird though, I have to admit, don't you think too?"
"Weird...yes definitely! I mean I understand why I might need it, but you? That's what I don't get."
We could both tell that neither of us really what the urge to move forward with the conversation of how the meetings went, so we moved on.
Ross notices this and being the guy he is says, "So, guys, what do we want to do?"
"Are there any games in here Carly?" Percy asks me while looking around.
"Yeah I think there are a few in here somewhere." I say.
Nikki asks, "Do you know where?"
"Last time I saw them they were over there." Jake points to the shelf in the corner of the room.
"Here, I'll go look at what games are over there." Amber tells everyone.
Amber walks over to the shelf and says, "Looks like they have UNO, Monopoly, Rummy Royal and Life."
Brain asks the question, "Which one do we want to play?"
Jake just says, "Let's take a vote. How many want to play Monopoly? Raise your hand."
"Looks like all of us! Monopoly it is, Amber!" Nikki calls over to Amber.
Amber carefully pulls out Monopoly from up under the rest of the games, which were stacked on top, and brings the game over. I knew I wouldn't be able to sit in the ground like the rest of them, but I got out from under my covers and moved to the end of my bed. I couldn't really get out of my bed unless I wanted to call in Dr.Anderson because of all the things I had hooked up to me.
"Who's the banker?" Asks Ross as he sits down.
Nikki says, "I'll be the banker if no one else wants to be."
"I think you're the only one, so that makes you the banker," Brian replies.
Jake then hands her all of the money and Nikki passes everyone the amount of money we start off with.
Now we had to decide who was each game piece.
I nearly shout out, "I'll be the dog!"
"Haha ok Carly," Ross responds, "I guess I will be the wheelbarrow."
"Amber," says Nikki, "what about you?"
"I'll be the bag of money. What about you?"
"Hmmm.. The top hat."
"I'll be the shoe." Jake says.
Brian says, "battleship."
"Well, with the only choice left, I'm stuck with the thimble I guess." Percy says.
"Yeah, yeah. Come on, let's play! Carly you go first!" Ross says excited.
I grab the dice and toss them onto the floor...6...4... A nice even ten. Amber moves my piece to just visiting jail.
With that, the game had started. We started playing at 1:00 and ended at 3:00 to take a lunch break. I know it was a late lunch, but I was kind of used to it.
Ross, Brian, and Amber went downstairs to the café and grabbed us sandwiches. By now I was sick of hospital food. They came back up and we ate and started the game again at 4:15. I was currently winning, owning three railroads, multiple properties and the Electric company. We stopped again at 6:25.
The game itself may have not been done, but we all agreed we were done with that game. I came in a close second and Amber came in first. Ross came in last, but he didn't care. We were laughing a lot during the game, and even though we were all pretty tired, we all went over to the huge window next to my bed. Jake was out of the wheelchair and could walk. I repositioned myself in my bed and looked out of the window to see the sunset.
I look at each of us, then the group as a whole and a I think I had finally found the place where I belonged. After everything, nothing mattered anymore. I had finally found my family. Even though five of us weren't blood related, we were a family, and my family was inseparable.