Chapter 26

Carly's P.O.V
Connor continues sitting at the edge of my bed talking to me until my doctor walks in. He asks me if I have everything I need and if I was in pain.

"No, but can this IV come out now?" I ask anxious because I've been really wanting to rip it out but it's taped to my hand and I don't want to injure myself more.

"Looks like the bag is done so yes. However I have to go right now so I'll get Cody to come in."

"Okay, thanks."

Once my door closes Connor asks, "who's Cody?"

"Oh he's my nurse. Who's yours?"

"That's makes sense. I have Olivia."

"I've heard she's really nice."

"She is." Connor replies, chuckling a little.

Cody walks in and asks how I'm feeling.

"Better, thanks."

"So you're ready to get that thing out?" He asks while grabbing gloves from the counter and putting them on.

I hear a snapping noise and I jump slightly from the surprise, I wasn't expecting it.

"Sorry Carly," he says while coming towards my bed.

"Okay, just look away for a minute. I won't lie, it will hurt a little, but I'll do it quickly." He says while I look away and I feel the tape coming off and then the needle being slid out of my arm.

It hurt-not as much as it being put in, but it was weird having the needle pulled out.

"There, all done." Cody says as I look at my arm and see him putting some gauze and a band aid over the small hole in my arm where the IV was.

"Thanks."

"No problem, and remember stay hydrated or else I'll have to put you on another IV."

"I will, don't worry."

"Need anything else?"

"Water, please."

"Sure, be right back."

A minute later Cody come back in with my water.

"Thank you."

"Everything alright?" He asks me, studying my facial expressions and looking in my eyes.

"Yeah," I say, coughing a little and continue by covering up with, "I'm just...thirsty."

"Okay, then... Call if you need anything." He says and with a quick wave he leaves my room.

"It feels so weird not to have the IV in because now I'm so used to having it." I say, as Connor continues to look at me.

He smiles and nods his head. "I agree, I got mine out last week, but now I'm used to not having it."

"Good to know, I'll get used to it."

Connor laughs slightly and says, "so when do you get out of here?"

"Hmmm... Well I'm getting my new cast on today so I should be out by the end of this week."

"Yay!" Connor replies his voice dripping with excitement.

I laugh and toss a pillow at him.

"Ow!"

"Haha I doubt it hurt that much." I say.

"No it didn't, but still. Next time I'll throw a pillow at you for no reason!"

"I had a very good reason to do that you know."