Chapter 23

Connor's P.O.V
I notice something on the news as I was watching it, there was something about a car crash yesterday in the mid afternoon. I keep watching the news as it shows video of the car crash and paramedics doing their work.

I nearly freak out when I see that on a stretcher there was a girl that looked exactly like Carly.

Oh my god! It's Carly!!!

My doctor walks through the door and I ask him if I could just go check on something, he says yeah as soon as I come back after an hour because I was finally going to be discharged soon, so I had to be at my top health.

I got up from my bed and made my way down the hall towards Carly's room, I knew that she was in room 328, so I was looking at each door...
316...320...325...327...328.

I softly knock on the door and I hear a soft, "come in."

Carly's P.O.V
I was sitting up in my bed, my head still hurting somewhat, and my leg was elevated by a pillow and I had the bed supporting my now crushed back.

Zac left a note before he left which was really nice of him, and I actually slept well last night I only woke up a few times once needing more medicine and another time I just woke up from pain.

I was told not to do like anything because of my concussion so I was basically just sitting around.

I hear a soft knock at the door, and even though my voice was really bad, still, I weakly say, "come in."

The door opens and I see Connor walk in. My heart skips a beat as he walks towards me, trying to be quiet but his boot was a little loud, making me laugh.

He smiles and sits down in the chair next to me. He looks at me and says, "I saw what happened on the news, Carly, I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do?"

"It's ok, I'll get better soon. No, I think I'm fine right now."

"Are you going to school today?"

"I don't think I can because of my concussion, I'm not supposed to do anything that requires a lot of my attention or concentration." I say, sort of wishing I could actually go to school. At least that was one part of my normal-ish life.

I've learned that hospitals these days are trying to make kids and teenagers, like me, try to live their normal lives as normal as possible even if they are stuck in a hospital for a long time. On top of that, they are strongly encouraging kids to be kids and teenagers to be teenagers.

I mean of course I can't really do that right at the moment, but I really wish I could.

"Well, I don't want to go without you. That means it'll just be me and the teacher, that's a little weird don't ya think?" He says, while laughing a little wishing I could go.

"Well you have to do one thing for me, ok and you have to promise to do it for me, alright?" I say making him lean in a little closer, ready to listen.

"I promise no matter what it is, I'll do it."
He responds.

"Ok, then go to school without me." I say smiling.

His smile changes a little to looking at me and he says,
"Hey! You tricked me Carly," Connor continues laughing while trying to speak and he finishes his sentence by saying, "no fair. But I promised and I keep my promises so fine, I'll go to school without you."

"Yes!" I say, cheering that I actually tricked Connor.
He looks at me, a smile on his face, but I can see in his eyes that he's sad I can't go with him today.

I say to him, "Hey I'll hopefully be back to school soon, just tell me what I missed and everything. I probably won't be able to go for a couple of weeks. But trust me, you don't know how badly I want to go, especially with you."