Chapter 20

Carly's P.O.V
There were all kinds of games, I couldn't even name all of them.

"Oh! I want to go win the huge penguin!" Amber exclaims, while grabbing hold of Percy's hand and dragging him with her.

We all decide to follow them over to the game. It was one of those games when you have to get the rings on a certain peg. Amber says Percy should play it because he has a good shot.

Percy says, "No, no I think Nikki should do it."

"No way, Percy. Come on you've got the best shot at winning it."

Percy finally gives in and says, "Alright, alright I'll do it."

"Yay!" Amber squeals.

Jake pays the money to the girl working the game.

"Ok," she says, "you get five rings per turn and to win you must get at least three of them on the rings in red. Begin!"

Percy tosses the first ring and then another then both making the first two he makes four out of the five, winning the big penguin.

"Yes! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" Amber runs up to Percy and pulls him in for a hug while I laugh and the rest of them watch Amber hug Percy while Jake grabs the penguin.

"I believe this is yours Percy, " Jake says while laughing.

"Uh uh." He says while turning towards Amber and gives it to her.

"Awe thanks." She replies.

By 1:00, we were just sitting down for lunch at a restaurant that was right outside of the fair.

Before we ate though and left the fair Ross and Jake had both won two bears one big and one small. Percy got Amber and Nikki another giant penguin.

Everyone had something for themselves either they'd won for themselves or someone had won it for them. We had to take breaks once in awhile though because crutches are kinda painful once you've been walking around on them for a few hours.

There was even a Ferris wheel there, I wasn't allowed on, but Jake really wanted to go on, so Ross stayed with me and we chatted until the others got off and we all walked to the restaurant.

We sat down without even waiting which was good and we order our drinks, while talking about what we were going to do afterwards. We all agreed on going back to the house and ordering in for dinner and just hanging out watching movies.

Our waitress came back over and takes our food order after handing out each of our drinks.

We finish eating around 2:30 and Jake says he's paying but then Ross takes the bill out of his hand saying, "look, I'm paying for this and maybe you can pay for dinner, ok?"

Jake just laughs a little and says, "yeah, ok."

Jake runs out and grabs the car pulling it closer to the restaurant so it'd be easier for me to get to the car.

Jake and I take Percy's car and the rest of them take Ross' car. Jake and I were just grabbing pain relievers from the pharmacy.

We pull into the pharmacy and Jake says, "You stay here, I'll just run in and grab the medicine."

"Ok," I reply, leaning back in the seat. 

Jake comes back in a few minutes and gets back in the car. "Hey, you ready?"

"Yep." I say.

We back out and are about fifteen minutes away from the house because we had to take the small detour to get to the pharmacy.

We were driving down a Main Street when there was a side street who had a stoplight. They must have red because we had green. All of a sudden I look over to my left, and scream at Jake, "WATCH OUT!"

Jake's P.O.V
I feel the force of the car into my body, and the rush of the airbag as it was released from the wheel. With the impact and all that had just happened I saw my life flash before my eyes. And that was it.

Carly's P.O.V
The car hitting us and the impact of it is the only thing I remember seeing. My head slammed against the seat and my head swarmed with pain. My eyes shut and they didn't open again. At least that is what I thought.