✗ prologue ✗

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE

Where is that incompetent big-boobed, unintelligent, tease of an intern? She should be here with me, dealing with a thousand issues, yet she is nowhere to be found

Where is that incompetent big-boobed, unintelligent, tease of an intern? She should be here with me, dealing with a thousand issues, yet she is nowhere to be found. For the guests, this is a party, but for us, this is our job.

She's making me run around in circles, searching through every room of this mansion, my boss' mansion to be exact. From the guests' perspective I'm sure they think I'm some lunatic, which is if they don't know this is how I am every day. She and I were in charge of making sure this whole party goes smoothly, without any hiccups. Yet here I am: missing my intern, trying to find the lead-caterer to ask when desert is going to be served, and on top of that it's time for me to return home after a long day's work.

"Have you seen Melissa?" I ask a coworker of mine, who is sat drinking champagne and checking emails on his phone near the edge of the front room. He looks up with his hazel eyes, greets me with a grin, and a roll of his eyes at my demeanor. He knows how I get when things aren't going exactly to plan. He's seen me act this way for about two years now.

"This is a party, Nichols, shouldn't you be enjoying it instead of stressing over it?" He asks smirking down at me like this could possibly be funny to him. If it weren't for the fact that this is a party being hosted by our boss and if he weren't my coworker I would have slapped that irritating smirk off his lips. "Try the kitchen," He finally says, seeing as I am in no mood for games, "that's where she said she was going a few minutes ago."

"You saw her a few moments ago?" I question, beginning to back away from the man to sprint off towards the kitchen in a matter of seconds. He nods, bringing the flute of alcohol up to his lips and taking a small sip with a raise of the eyebrows. "Oh gross, Cameron! You couldn't have fornicated outside of the boss' home?" He shrugs his shoulders with a sly smirk on his lips before sending a wink my way as well.

I honestly am not shocked that he slept with, or at least snogged, my intern but I am shocked that he's comfortable enough finding a room in our boss' home to do the dirty. Needless to say my intern, who I am forced to keep on because it's part of her degree at uni, is a bit of a slut. And when I say a bit, I really mean a total slut. And that's the nicest way I could possibly say that.

"He's not going to know."

"He better not find out, Cameron, or he'll make me fire you myself."

I'm the big man's right hand (wo)man. I do the firing because he hates having to do it himself. I honestly don't think it's because he's lazy and doesn't want to fire them, I really think he doesn't have the heart to do it himself. Cameron holds his hands up in defense as I turn from him to scurry off to the kitchen, the basement kitchen. I really need to get out of here before I lose my mind, and a few more hours of my precious sleep.

I take the steps two at a time, praying that she'll still be there when I arrive and hoping that I won't twist an ankle on the way down.

"Shay! There you are!" I hold in the roll of my eyes that I so badly want to produce and step into the steamy kitchen moments later and slightly out of breath. The multiple caterers are shouting and arguing lightly over food items that are requiring going out to the guests at any moment. Somehow everything always works out even if they do argue heavily in French the majority of the time.