✗ twenty-nine ✗

SHAY

19 June

Harry has the worst time letting me go. And to be honest the feeling is mutual, but I hold it together better than he.

We've literally spent ten minutes outside Harry's car as Gemma sits in the driver's seat, watching us through the tinted glass. He won't untangle his arms from around my waist and keeps begging me to spend the day with him.

He acts like a small child. A very adorable small child.

Last night was quickly forgotten once we both fell victim to slumber and when we woke tangled up with each other neither of us brought it up. I was very glad for that fact. But now I have to deal with clingy Harry, which is a very cute version of the man that I have fallen in love with.

"You have to let me go." I tell him after another minute of tight hugs from him.

"I don't wanna." I roll my eyes and pat his back, pulling from his grip. Thankfully his arms fall from me. "Fine." He groans, glancing over my shoulder towards where his sister waits. "I really want to say bye to the baby though." He pouts and I roll my eyes again, clutching my bag to my person.

"Well, then you should have thought about that when we were in your room." I whisper, leaning up on my tiptoes to press a kiss to his lips. "Have fun with your parents. I'll see you later." Harry sighs and leans down, kissing me once.

"Keep your phone on and make sure Gemma watches her speed."

"Goodbye." I sing-song as I walk backwards to the car.

"Shay, I'm serious. Be careful." He adds, a smile nowhere on his lips. I sigh and nod my head before turning and walking towards the car. "Shay, please be careful and if you need anything you call me."

"I will. I lo-" Shit! "Uh, will see you later!" I shout, basically running into the car.

I can't believe I almost said it.

I jump into the passenger seat of Harry's car, that he so graciously let his sister borrow after an hour of arguing, and slam the door shut. From now on I'm going to filter everything I say through my brain first, I won't have another slip up, especially after last night.

"Finally! I thought he'd never let you go!"

"Yeah," I chuckle, grabbing my seatbelt and buckling myself in as Gemma backs out of the drive, "he has a hard time letting go for some reason."

"Clearly." She laughs, turning onto the road and driving out of from the house. Gemma had taken the train into town so she asked to borrow Harry's car. I'm thankful that he's stuck with his mum and Robin so that he won't sit and worry or come following after us. "He's very protective of you, isn't he?" I lick my dry lips before nodding.

Relax, boyfriends are protective of their girlfriends. You guys have nothing to worry about.

"Uh, yeah."

"I've actually never seen him like that before."

"Really?"

I find myself happy and slightly surprised with her words. I had always wondered if Harry had ever had another serious girlfriend. I can't imagine him not having another girlfriend. He's an attractive, young man with dreams and a lot of kindness, surely he's been with someone before. And surely, he's been protective of them. He still might have been a bit protective, but at least he didn't treat me the same way he treated her, or them.