✗ forty-four ✗

SHAY

So here we are, standing in the midst of Anne and Robin's lounge chatting about Harry's business and how I've been dealing with him during the work hours.

We came for the weekend to share with them the good news, but also the truth. I know that once Anne and Robin find out they're going to have many questions. Our timelines don't necessarily add up and I don't want them to get the impression that Harry and I had a thing before we were, well, us. I just feel they deserve the truth.

But I also can't help but be very scared to admit to the parent's of my boyfriend that I'm a rape victim. I don't want their pity and I don't want them looking at me any other way than they already have.

"I cannot tell you how surprised and happy I was to hear that the both of you were coming by." Anne coos, motioning for Harry and I to sit on the sofa whilst her and Robin took matching seats across from us. She had also made us some tea to warm us up from the cool that the rain brought. "You know, Shay, Harry doesn't come by too often anymore. He claims to be too busy."

"Because I am, mum."

Harry lets out a playful groan before falling back against the sofa. I smile at his poutiness and giggle lightly as I pick up the mug, the warmth giving me a soothing feeling. It calms my nerves just feeling the warmth.

"Well, I'm glad I can drag Harry over here more often for you both. A son needs to have his parents in his life." I add, quirking my eyebrow up at him.

He grins back at me, placing his hand on my thigh and giving it a soft squeeze.

"My you two have just gotten cuter since the last we saw you, haven't they Robin."

"They have." He agrees, watching as Harry and I join hands. Harry scoots closer to me and presses a kiss to the side of my head. "When your mother and I went out the other week we saw some very interesting articles in the tabloids. Weren't surprised to see your faces plastered across them."

"Yeah, the paps have definitely been on us since the banquet. But what can I say? I just wanted to let the world know she's mine." I blush at his words and thank him with a small head nod.

"Enough about the tabloids, dear. Why are you really here?" Anne asks us, her eyes narrowing. "I know you well enough Harry that you wouldn't come hear without a reason. Last time was to introduce us to Shay, this time...?" I bite my lip and look to Harry, who looks to me with a grin on his face.

"Do you want to tell them?" I shrug and shake my head lightly.

"They're your parents." I say, gaining a gasp from Anne's lips. Harry and I look to her as her hand drapes over her mouth and eyes widen. Suddenly she stands from her chair, practically shaking in spot. "Anne, are you alright?" I wonder aloud, still holding onto Harry's hand.