Chapter 6. Fight

I cracked open an eye looking at my phone, 6:58am. I groaned and buried my head in my pillow; my alarm was going to go off in literally 2 minutes. Why is it that I have to wake up right before it even goes off? I could have had 2 more minutes of peaceful sleep. 

I was surprised Mason hadn't woken me up earlier, I sat up and looked over, and he was sleeping heavily on his stomach. I know that's not the best position for him but no matter how many times I put him down on his back, he always ends up back on his belly. 

I took advantage of my sleepy baby and grabbed the baby monitor and went to have a shower, I hope he sleeps am little bit longer so I have a chance to get ready and then I can get him ready.

I might actually be able to put effort into my appearance today. It feels like forever since I've been able to fix myself up and actually look decent. 

Once out of the shower I dried off and pulled on my black skinny jeans and a black singlet top then to pull my look together I threw on my jean jacket, black combat boots and dried out my hair, shaking it out to get some volume. 

I quickly applied minimal makeup so I can look half decent. I need to make a statement coming back to school after all this time, everyone will be staring at me when I walk in, I need to let everyone know I'm still me. 

The shrill of a cry brought me out of the bathroom and back to my bedroom. I picked up my baby boy and walked over to the change table where I changed his nappy and then dressed him in some jeans, a blue shirt with a truck on it and a dark blue hoodie.

I sung to my little boy while moving around my room getting us both ready before going down for breakfast. I picked up my bag, Mason's bag and Mason before heading downstairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning all" everyone was in the kitchen except Embry, Quil and Sam, meaning Jacob and Paul were here next to each other with Jared on the outside of Paul. 

I gave Mason to Paul who was also going to school today, we all were, well by all I mean Paul and Jared. 

Embry and Jacob would be having the day off due to being new and Sam doesn't trust them to be able to control themselves in a school environment yet. 

I sat down a bit puffed on the other side of Paul and started digging into breakfast.

"You seem a bit worn out there" Paul teased feeding Mason some of his breakfast in his high chair.

"Maybe if I had a little help with our son I wouldn't be" I snapped at Paul. I immediately felt bad about it though, Paul was here whenever he could be and that's not his fault "I'm sorry" I sighed and gave Paul my best apologetic look. If it weren't for this whole wolf thing Paul would be around 24/7.

"No you're right, I should have been here earlier. My mum was on my back about never being home and always being here" He grabbed my hand and squeezed it "I will take him after school and we will have a father, son day and you can relax, do whatever you want" I smiled brightly, I would have to call Leah and we could go cliff diving or go to the bonfire tonight.

"Thank you" I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder "I knew I loved you for a reason" 

"Yeah, because I'm good in bed"

"Hmm, average" 

"Ha! Tell that to the headboard of my bed" 

I heard a deep growl vibrate through the room and turned to see Jacob staring daggers at Paul and shaking, making it very obvious that he wasn't happy.

Please not now. Especially with Mason in the room. 

"What's your problem pup?" Paul bit right back not backing down. Paul would never back down from a challenge, he lives for it.