Chapter 10. Bonfire.

SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE! I WAS TRAVELLING EUROPE FOR THE PAST 3 MONTHS WITH MY FRIEND AND HAVE JUST GOTTEN HOME. THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO WAS PATIENT AND HAS STUCK WITH ME THROUGH THIS WHOLE PROCESS AND MY SLOW UPDATES. I'LL TRY DO A FEW CHAPTERS NOW TO HOPEFULLY MAKE UP FOR IT :)

Tonight was a good night. 

We were having a bonfire to tell the histories of the tribes and it was the first time I was allowed at one of these because technically I'm an imprint now. I was always allowed at the normal tribe bonfires where they told tribal stories but they never told the stories about the packs and the vampires. 

I was excited to hear them. The Elders always said there was an exception for me and I could come but Sam refused, he didn't want me here. He even tried to make me stay home tonight but I was officially entitled to be here and I was not passing that up. 

I had handed Mason over to Sue as soon as we got here. He keeps her happy and she needed all the cheering up she could get right now. Besides, Mason loves Sue anyway and would want to be with her. 

"Lee? Can I sit here"

"I don't see why not" Leah had become a little more hostile lately, she was just angry at the world, she missed her dad. 

"We need to go shopping again soon. I need some new jeans and I'm sure you need new clothes now that you are phasing and ripping them every ten minutes" Leah cracked a smile but nodded.

"They're here" Seth jumped up and ran towards Jacob and Bella. Leah immediately had a scowl on her face, one was of pure disgust.

"She's here" She spat and stared at the fire. I grabbed Leah's hand and squeezed it tight. Leah had a little blame on Bella for Harry's death, in Leah's mind, if Bella didn't blab to the chief about giant wolves in the forest then they wouldn't have been out there that day.

I also think she hates the hold Bella has over everyone, especially Jacob because from what I've heard he is one depressed mind to be in during patrols.

"Leah. Breathe" I could feel her shaking. I don't think it helps that Seth is trying to be Jacob's best friend.

I paused and locked eyes with Jacob, he had a smile on his face. It had been a very long time since I'd seen him smile that big. Jacob tore his eyes away from mine and looked at Leah who had stopped shaking. He knows Leah despises Bella.

"And you remember Olivia" Jacob gave me a look that said it all. 'Be nice'

"Of course" She gave me a nervous smile.

"How's Edward?" I blurted out. Whoops.

"Good, great actually" Paul plopped down next to me and placed his arm around me, kissing my forehead earning himself a small growl from Jacob. I leaned into Paul. If Jacob thinks he can have Bella and pull the imprint card on me then he is wrong. Two can play that game.

They had a seat near Billy Black, Jacob's dad. Jacob was sitting with Bella but he had his eyes on me. Every time our eyes locked I would feel myself relax and the butterflies would go crazy in my belly. Not that anything will come of it. He has Bella and I have a son to Paul. It's all just too complicated.

He hasn't come back to my room since the night when we were kissing. I've barely even spoken to him. Did he really think I was rejecting him?

"I hate her" Leah growled "Let's start a club" I snorted a little too loudly. That is a club I definitely want to join. 

"The Quileutes have been a small tribe since the beginning. And we have always had magic in our blood, we were great spirit warriors... Shapeshifters" Billy Black looked around at everyone in the pack, creating the picture of what it used to be like.