Chapter 8. Party.

"I hate that he's out there hunting, why did he have to go? He's too old now and his heart isn't the same as it used to be" I tightened my hold on Leah's waist. When she drinks a lot she gets very emotional and she has drank a whole lot of alcohol tonight. 

Harry had started helping the hunt on the giant bear spotted in the forest. Bella had gone and opened her big mouth about what she saw to her dad, the chief, before she knew about the guys so now they're being hunted. And from what I've heard from eavesdropping on their secret meetings, this new vampire wondering around town is dangerous. 

It's already hard enough for the guys to hunt her and now there's people in the forests hunting them? There are a lot of innocent lives at risk now. Good one Bella. 

But of course Harry being the stubborn man that he is took it upon himself to try and cover the guys' tracks while out in the woods all vulnerable. Bella's dad can't find out what the guys are, it's too risky.

"I'm sure Harry will be fine. He's a tough guy" 

"Yeah, you know what? You are so smart" She leaned her head on my shoulder and took another mouthful of her drink. "That's why I love you Livy" Leah leaned her head up kissing my cheek sloppily.

We were at a bonfire the Seniors were throwing so we can all get drunk and drown in our sorrows. The teachers know about it but they don't care, they just expect us to show up tomorrow and be half asleep in their classes. 

"Smartest person I know" I rolled my eyes at the corniest line I've ever heard before in my life. Dale came over and sat on my other side, too close for comfort. "Sorry about today, in the cafeteria... I had to back up my player... What sort of captain would I be if I didn't?" He offered me a drink.

"I'm not taking that drink. I'm good" Sam has lectured me enough for me to know not to take drinks from anyone. 

"I promise I haven't done anything to it" I raised one eyebrow at him. As if he would tell me if he had done something to it "Okay then..." He placed the drink down on the ground in front of me.

"Oh my god Livy!" I flinched as Charlotte tackled me in a hug along with some of the other girls behind her. But I didn't see Amy anywhere, lucky me. Dale took this as his queue to keep moving and went back to his 'team' "We have so many questions, we haven't seen you since... you know" Like Baby was such a bad word?

"What was it like? Having a baby?" Brooke asked. They all sat in front of me like it was story time. 

"Interesting but weird... and painful and long" I laughed remembering the 13 hours of labor I spent abusing Paul for doing that to me, it was a bit of a blur, I was very heavily drugged.

"How's your, you know..." One of the girls gestured down to my jeans and I couldn't help but let out a loud laugh. 

About a million questions later they were all too drunk to even realize what they were saying anymore so I stopped answering them. 

I think it's time for me to go home to bed, it was late, I was tired and Leah looked like she was about to vomit everywhere. I quickly messaged Sue off of Leah's phone and she messaged back immediately that she was leaving the house to come get us. 

"I have a bad feeling Liv. Like something really bad is going to happen and I can't shake it. Stay with me?" 

"Always Lee" Leah locked her arms tightly around me.

"Something bad's coming... Dad's been really weird with Seth lately, having secret conversations. Seth's scared, mums scared... I'm scared Liv" I raised my hand patting her hair. Maybe Seth will be turning soon too? I'll have to have a chat with Sam tomorrow and find out what's going on. Seth's too young.