Chapter 44. Hostage.

"I'm going to kill you. Every one of you that touches her will be dead" I was strapped to some surgical table with my arms and legs in restraints. They'd pulled my top up to reveal my bump and they were readying a giant needle. "Don't you do it" The doctor started applying some gel on the lower part of my stomach "I'm going to enjoy ripping your throat out"

"Hold your tongue or I will remove it from your mouth" One of the vampires snapped. The Volturi had taken us on a plane. I remember dozing in and out during the transport, first was a car, then a plane and another car. From what I've heard the Volturi are holed up in Italy, but it would be stupid for the pack to come to the Volturi's home ground and storm up the place. 

"This will be painful, try not to move too much" Not that I could move anyway, the straps are so tight I could barely breathe. The doctor started inserting the needle, it felt like someone was stabbing me slowly so I'd suffer. Which I guess is exactly whats happening. 

"Leah!" My body was instinctively trying to pull away from the pain but I couldn't move. The only thing I could move was my mouth so I used it to scream and cry out as much as I could. My stomach was on fire.

"Stop! You're hurting her!" Leah was strapped to a different table and they were taking blood out of her arm.

"Shut up" 

The needle was quickly pulled out and the doctor rushed out of the room. A vampire came over and stuck a needle in my arm much like the one in Leah's and started taking blood. 

"What did you do to my baby?" They ignored me. Everyone started to leave the room and another human entered collecting our blood viles "Is my baby okay?"

"Our baby is fine. Perfect. They just collected some fluid to determine the babies development and they need to know the exact dosage that they need to inject to make it grow quicker. For thousand year old vampires they don't have the greatest patience in the world" 

"What do you mean make it grow quicker?" 

"They need our baby now. They have been experimenting with wolf and vampire blood. They want to make your baby come quicker and grow quicker" The perfect army. Instant warriors. 

"Why do you keep saying 'our' baby. She's not yours, she's mine" 

"You are nothing but a breeder. You will supply us with babies. So no, they are not yours anymore"

"I'll kill you before you get the chance to take her. I can promise you that right now" 

"Can you help us?" The girl looked horrified at Leah's question. She drew her eyes back to the ground and shook her head vigorously.

"I'm not even supposed to be talking to you" She quickly pulled out two syringes, her hands were visibly shaking. "I have to take you to your room now" She whispered, her voice was cracking. She was scared out of her mind. She quickly approached Leah and stabbed her in the neck with the syringe. Leah's eyes quickly rolled into the back of her head and she went limp. 

"Please don't let them hurt my baby" She didn't say anything. She injected my neck and the room quickly went black.

....................................................................................................

....................................................................................................

"Back off" I slightly opened one  of my eyes, peeking out, I could hear Leah growling and I could feel her presence hovering over me. I grabbed Leah's arm and pulled myself upright.