Chapter 15. Imprints.

"Olivia" I woke up surrounded by used, disgusting tissues. It took a while for me to be able to get to sleep last night, I couldn't stop the pain in my chest from when Jacob left me. 

"What do you want Jacob?" Surely I was dreaming? He literally just left me in a heap about 5 hours ago. And now he was sitting on the end of my bed looking broken. That was my role, I'm supposed to be the broken one, not him. 

"I'm sorry I left... I just needed to think. It sounds stupid, even saying it sounds stupid. I mean it wasn't, I don't know. Bella is my friend, and I don't want to let that friendship go"

"Jake"

"Please let me finish" He scooted forwards and grabbed my hands "I can't let that friendship go right now, we're friends. But I don't want to lose you either. When I walked away from you last night my chest felt like it was tearing. I can't lose you, so I'm asking you if it can work between us? You and me in a relationship... together. But I want to still keep my friendship with Bella. I realize the past couple of weeks I've been dropping everything to go to her and I want you to know that stops now. You are my number one priority and I'm sorry that it's taken me this long to realize that" 

I didn't know what to think. He put me through hell tonight. I was broken but apparently so was he. I can't help but want to forgive him. Maybe I should take Paul's advice and just jump in and hope I'm making the right choice. Our relationship isn't going to develop if I keep Jacob at arms length. 

And relationships come with compromise right? 

"This is the last chance Jacob, I can't go through that again. I need to stop being pushed back and I can't keep watching you with her in front of me."

"And I'll work on that, please, just don't give up on this" 

"Fine" I nodded and let him hug me.

"I do want to let you know that I am going to meet Bella and Edward tomorrow to carry her to the campsite. And then me and Seth will be watching over them" This made me feel sick. Everything he just said was going back on everything we just talked about but I need to trust him. Relationships need trust.

"Okay, that's fine" Jacob nodded and moved to sit against my headboard then pulled me to his chest. 

It kind of reminded me of when Paul used to sneak in but I would never voice that to Jacob. He already has enough issues with Paul. 

"I don't want you anywhere near the battle" He started rubbing circles on my back. It felt like all the stress of the last couple of weeks hit me like a ton of bricks and I couldn't stop my eyes from closing.

"Let's put that on the shelf for now and just appreciate this moment right now"

"Okay... But just to clarify, you are my girlfriend right?" 

"Yes Jake, I am your girlfriend"

"Cool" I looked up and couldn't help but mimic the grin on his face. Was I his first girlfriend? Was Bella ever his girlfriend? 

Stop thinking about it Liv. Just enjoy the moment. 

...................................................................................

...................................................................................

"Okay so Kim, Claire and Rachel are going to be here early in the morning to stay here with Emily" I nodded listening in on the pack meeting. "They'll look after Mason while we're at the battle" Jacob growled in protest. For the past couple of hours we have been arguing about what I am going to be doing during this battle and I refuse to sit back and watch while everyone else fights. I am apart of this pack now and I need to pull my weight just like everyone else.