THREE ✔️

Aurora was growing anxious as she watched the exchange between Edward and Aro

Aurora was growing anxious as she watched the exchange between Edward and Aro. She found herself clutching Alice's arm, looking for comfort.

"You are quite the soul reader yourself, Edward." His eyes flickered toward Bella, "Though, you can't read Bella's thoughts. Fascinating." He said through a whisper.

He took a step back wards, "I'd love to see if you were an exception to my gift as well." He tilted his head to the side before holding his hand out towards Aurora's friend, "Would you do me the honor?"

Bella walked towards Aro hesitantly and he eagerly grabbed her hand with a sigh of contentment. Quickly, the excited look on his face morphed into one of disappointment, eyes growing cold and cruel.

"Interesting. I see nothing." He explained dropping her hand and turning away. The friendly demeanor he had first presented was gone, a new hostile one taking its place.

Aurora fought the urge to giggle at his statement but couldn't  help the small smile that came over her face.

Aro walked towards the thrones before stopping, a devilish smirk hidden from those behind him.  "I wonder if... let's see if she's immune to all our powers. Shall we, Jane?" He looked to the blonde beauty who stood next to Alec.

The blond and her brother looked towards the group of guests. Jane's stare darted from Aurora to Bella.

Edward let out a noise of panic before rushing forward towards Jane, understanding what was about to happen. "Pain." He slowly fell to the ground in agonizing pain, face morphed as he felt the extent of her power.

The blond that Aurora found herself drawn to, even now, smiled at Edward's blatant pain.

"Stop!" Bella shouted in a panic. Alec rushed over to Bella and restrained her while Alice knelt down beside her brother. Aurora just glanced around, not quite sure of what to do. Demetri and Felix chuckled at her displacement. "Stop! Just stop hurting him! Please! Please!"

Aro stared at Edward before tilting his head towards the side. "Jane?"

The girl stopped her gaze, ending her hold over Edwards and in a split second snapped her head towards Aro. "Master?"

Alice, Bella and Edward all sighed in relief, shoulders sagging as they relaxed;  Aurora couldn't bring herself to do so.

Aro lowered his hand, "Go ahead, my dear."

Jane redirected her gaze to Bella, smirking. "This may hurt just a little." She teased as Bella braced herself for the pain.

Everyone froze as Bella remained where she was, not convulsing with pain. Jane, was clearly bewildered at that and stepped forward, almost in a trancelike state. She only snapped out of it at the barking laughter of Aro.

"Remarkable! She confounds us all. Well, what do we do with you two now?" He asks, drawing his attention back to Aurora too.

"You already know what you're going to do, Aro." The brown haired man rasped from his chair. He looked bored with the entire situation, sat back in his chair leisurely.

"They know too much. They're liabilities." The one with slicked back blonde hair said, voice like oil. He held a glare on the two humans.

"Hmm. That's true." He looked up at someone behind the group. "Felix?"

"Master." Jane's voice drew everyone's attention as she interrupted, walking over to Aro and placing her small hand in his own.

He let out a unreadable noise. "Alright. Just Bella then, Felix."

Jane's twin, Alec, walked past Bella, spinning her around in the process to face Felix.

He grabbed Aurora by the arms and dragged her, not too roughly, to stand next to him and where Jane now stood.

"No!" Edward shouted, before flipping Bella over his shoulder and tackling Felix to the ground.

Alice moved to go help Edward, but Demetri ran forward, wrapping his hand around Alice's neck, restricting her.

Aurora lurched forward  to help too, but was cut off as she was held firmly in place by two hands clamping down on her wrists. One by Alec and the other being grabbed by the one who saved her, Jane. Despite being no match for the brutish vampire attacking Edward, she itched to help.