TWENTY-SEVEN ✔️

The ride to Volterra was silent the whole way

The ride to Volterra was silent the whole way. The private plane was filled with many seething vampires, all of whom felt as if they had wasted their time. No one had approached Caius after he sunk his teeth into the hired human flight attendant, who had merely asked him if he wished make a stop before Volterra.

Aro reacted quite differently. The raven haired man sat down in silence, his eyes flickering from one member of his guard to the next. He was clearly shaken by whatever he had seen in Alice's vision.

The guard, while pissed, seemed unfazed. None knew of the vision depicting the destruction of all the things which they loved. Many of them, had they known, would be understanding Marcus on a deeper level, though the opportunity was there.

It seemed to had been agreed upon that they were not to discuss the anticlimactic confrontation that had taken away, at least not for a while. Once the plane had landed, and the guard bid goodbye to their witnesses, everyone retreated to his or her quarters, silence making the castle seem eerier than usual.

Jane was calmer than Aurora expected. She seemed unusually quite, as if she was thinking deeply.

"Jane?" Aurora asked tentatively, watching as Jane gingerly sat on the edge of their bed.

"Everything is going to be different now," Jane stated simply, kicking off one of her shoes ungraciously. "For decades we have lived frozen in time, the vampire world hardly changing. But now-" She growled as she fell back on the bed. "Now, I'm an Aunt."

Aurora chuckled, removing her high heels as she did so. "You don't have to be an Aunt. Just because I am the godmother doesn't tie you to that responsibility. I just said that as a joke, I know how you feel about kids."

Jane nodded thoughtfully, "Everyone does." Her mood failed to change. "I just feel like I'm being unfair to you."

Aurora frowned, reaching out to grasp Jane's hand. "Why do you say that?"

Jane licked her lips, shut her eyes thoughtfully, and sat down next to Aurora. "I know that you want to get married. But I don't."

Aurora stared at Jane incredulously. She let out a breathy laugh. "Jane...uh. Okay, so, I don't care." She grinned widely. "First of all, I never thought I was going to get married. It was still illegal for gays to get married in Washington when I left, and it isn't legal here."

Jane looked Aurora in the eyes, seemingly looking for a lie. "Really? The Volturi has unofficial marriages all the time."

Aurora nodded. "You've given up so much for me; it would be unfair for me to not give anything up." Her tone held finality to it, and she threw herself back on the bed. "Besides, there might be a Volturi wedding soon. Where I get to be the flower girl."

Jane paused for a moment, "Thank you." She didn't ask about the other wedding, but stood up, turning her attention to the door.

"Where are you going?" Aurora asked, wrapping a hand around Jane's wrist.

"To talk to Demetri and Felix."

Aurora shook her head, pulling Jane back to the bed. "Wouldn't do that if I were you, they need alone time. Cuddle with me."

Jane shook her head rapidly. "I don't cuddle."

Aurora tugged on Jane, grabbing her waist and pulling her to a sitting position. "...Yet."

Jane craned her neck to look at Aurora, who was giving her mate puppy eyes. "Fine."

She allowed Aurora to wrap her arms around her tightly as they laid down, both not saying a word, just sitting in a comfortable silence.

"I love you."

"I know."

A/NSorry this took so long to put out! Also I know you may be confused as to who said which of the last two lines, but I wanna leave that up to interpretation

A/N
Sorry this took so long to put out! Also I know you may be confused as to who said which of the last two lines, but I wanna leave that up to interpretation.