TWENTY-FOUR ✔️

Jane avoided speaking about the Cullens to Aurora until they took to the battlefield

Jane avoided speaking about the Cullens to Aurora until they took to the battlefield. A mention of the treason would send her into a rampage, doors broken and priceless vases smashed.

Whenever someone brought the topic up, Jane would invoke her gift on them before hugging Aurora, whispering to her to calm her down.

Now, walking into battle against those she considered friends, she had a hard exterior, no emotions being on display. Her enhanced vision allowed her to see across the field, to her former friend Bella, who stood side by side with Edward, a small brunette in front of them.

Their daughter. The sight took Aurora aback. Sure. She heard the report and knew that Aro said the rumors were true, but part of her had denied it. But now, seeing the small girl before her, it all became much more real for Aurora.

She knew that she would have to go against her former friends, have to confront them, and possibly kill them. The disturbing thought had Aurora seeking the comfort of Jane, something she was sadly unable to do.

Jane was of a higher status than Aurora, her gift being much more important than Aurora's. Demetri, however, was close by. Aurora moved closer to him and clutched his arm nervously.

"I'm sorry about this, Rory." The words were so quiet that Aurora wasn't sure he had even spoken. But as she looked up at him, she saw him smiling at her with an apologetic look.

It was in that moment that Aurora glanced at him, then Alec, and then Felix and realized that if they fought she wouldn't just lose those on the other side, she would lose her new friends as well... and a flower girl.

Demetri brought her into his side, an arm around her shoulder. She never realized it, but as he hugged her, she realized she had come to consider him a very close friend, and him her.

"Question," said Demetri, "If you could cry, would you bring crying right now?"

Aurora paused before nodding, "Yes."

Demetri looked down at her, "Me too."

Aurora frowned and met his eyes, "Why?"

He didn't meet her eyes this time, "I'm going to die."

Aurora made him turn to her, "Why on Earth would you say that? You are one of the best fighters!" She frowned, "I'm the worst fighter of us five. If anyone will go, it's me."

They argued in hushed voices, even vampires wouldn't hear them, especially considering the confrontation with the Cullens that was stealing their attention.

"I have no one to live for," Demetri shrugged, "Everyone has a mate and Alec has his twin."

Aurora frowned, "Demetri...you've already met your mate."

Demetri chuckled lowly, though it was filled with sadness. "I have no clue what you're on about, Rory."

Aurora scoffed, her eyes finding the back of Felix, "Any fool can tell that you and Felix love eachother, even if neither of you admit it."

Her tone had finality in it, telling Demetri the conversation was over.

"We can move closer you know, if you want to. They haven't seen you yet, I don't think." Demetri walked closer to Felix and the twins, dragging Aurora with him.

It was then the Cullens noticed her for the first time, and the first time she realized that Alice was standing infront of Aro.

"You guys missed almost all of it," muttered Felix, staring at the two, glancing at Demetri for a bit longer.

Aurora smiled, "We we're having a little heart to heart."

"