TWENTY-THREE ✔️

Aurora didn't hear from the Cullens for awhile

Aurora didn't hear from the Cullens for awhile. In fact, the first news she had heard of them since the wedding was from Aro, who spoke with a grin on his face.

All of the guard had been called into the throne room. Caius sat on his chair, an evil grin on his face whilst Marcus sat with an uninterested look upon his face as usual.

"My friends, it gives me great sadness," he said, a wide smile still worn, "that I have to report that one of our greatest rules has been broken." Murmurs ring throughout the hall. Aurora caught Jane's eye, who smiled at the idea of a fight.

"An immortal child, as I have been informed, was made by none other than then Cullens."

Aurora gasped involuntarily but, luckily, it could not be heard due to the sounds of shock from everyone else.

"The Cullens?" Demetri asked, a frown on his face, "Are you sure? It seems a bit-"

Aro cut him off with a glare. Demetri dipped his head and folded his arms behind his back, much like a child who had just been scolded.

Aurora knew what he wanted to say. As much as Demetri disliked the family, there was no way the Cullen's would purposely break that rule. They were hesitant to turn Bella let alone a child.

"So what are we going to do?" Aurora asked, directing her gaze to Aro. "I'm assuming we don't just talk this out."

Aro grinned and folded his hands together. "We'll need witnesses, as I can only assume they are bringing their own."

Everyone nodded and Jane walked over to Aurora, gripping her hand reassuringly.

"We'll split up. You four," Aro pointed to Demetri, Felix and the twins, "Will be heading with us to Tokyo. Carlisle has a friend there I wish to see." By us he obviously meant the three leaders, which meant Aurora wouldn't be going.

"Aurora, Heidi. You two will be going to southern Germany, we have a few friends there."

Aurora nodded, glancing over at Heidi who shrugged.

Aro continued to arrange groups to find witnesses before naming off a few middle ranked guards to stay behind and watch his precious castle.

"Are you scared?" Jane asked with a frown, staring into Aurora's eyes.

"Terrified."