Ex-Mas

Yes, the 'ex' in the title is on purpose.
Also, I know nothing about Christmas, so please correct me if I don't do something right!
(I'm Jewish, so, yeah)

Nico POV
MORTAL AU

I held the mug filled with steaming hot chocolate, and half-melted marshmallows tighter. I snuggle closer to my boyfriend, on the couch in front of an unlit fireplace, his arm tightening around me, with his own mug of hot chocolate held in one hand. Our small, and fake, tree glittered in the corner, the sparce decorations looking dreary. Underneath was presentless, my boyfriend having already opened his gift, although Christmas morning is tomorrow, and I, not getting one, didn't have a present to open.
He took a sip of his cocoa, and when he lowered the mug, I giggled, reaching up to wipe his hot chocolate mustache off with my thumb. He smiled, but it was cold. Like it had been for weeks. It was no longer happy, and maybe, it never was. That thought scared me. I swallowed the sip of hot chocolate I'd taken, burning my mouth in the process, but knew better than to complain.
“Bedtime.” He said, standing up from beside me. I just nodded, not saying anything, even though I had barely touched my hot chocolate, having sat down not long ago.

Time Skip

There was a knock on the door, leaving me slightly frightened, and curious. Who'd be here at this hour of the night? I got up from the couch, which is where I slept, and padded as quietly as I could to the door. I swung it open, and the person in the other side froze, just about to knock again from the surprised expression on his face.

“Will?” I hissed, surprised. I glanced behind me nervously, before ushering Will farther outside, stepping out after, onto the cold wood of the porch. With a start, I realized it was snowing. A white Christmas.
“Nico,” Will breathed, his clear blue eyes sparkling, pretty as ever.
“What are you doing here? How'd you find me? Why now, after all these years?” I whispered, trying to sound harsh. And I did, by the hurt look on Will's face.
“Nico, I know we broke up, but, I,” Will swallowed, and looked down at me. “You know what? Nevermind. I should go.” He whispered, blinking rapidly to rid himself of the tears threatening to fall, looking up, before blinking in surprise. He coughed, and looked back at me awkwardly. I looked up, and turned red.

Mistletoe.
I'd forgotten Jeffery put it there, insisting I kiss him, every time we're under it. I hated it.

Will cleared his throat, and I looked at my fuzzy sock covered feet. I felt a familiar warm hand lift my chin, and wished I did not have the strength for me to stop where I knew this was going.
“Will,” I whispered reluctantly. He deserved to know. “we can't. Jeffery. . .” I trailed off, as Will stopped all movement, having stepped closer, and had actually started to lean in.
“Oh." Will said at the new information. "I see.” Will's hand fell away, and he stepped back. I immediately missed his warmth. It was Will that I’ve craved for the past two years, not Jeffery. I didn't love Jeffery, I knew that, but had been too afraid to acknowledge it. Until now. I still love Will.
I stepped closer to Will, nervously biting my lip. Will stayed still, as I pressed up against him.
“Do it.” I whispered, throwing all caution to the wind, practically pleading. “Kiss me.” And he did.

He cupped my face gently, and I immediately let out a sigh at the warmth I've missed. He tilted my face up, and my arms slide up around just neck, just like I used to, pressing my cold hands against his warm neck, pulling him closer.
Will leaned down, and his lips pressed against mine. I immediately forgot about how cold it was outside, letting out another sigh as his lips moved cautiously against mine.
I gently nipped at his lips, and Will slipped his tongue into my mouth, no longer being careful and hesitant. I groaned quietly, and felt Will's hands slide down my sides, wrapping securely around my waist.
I gripped his face, tilting my head to the left, allowing our kiss to deepen. Finally, I pulled away, gasping for breath. This was what I missed. The warm touches, the gentle kisses, the love.

“Come back to me,” Will whispered, begging. I nodded immediately.
“I don't even know why I left.”
“You didn't. It was my fault, I-”
I cut him off with a kiss. “I don't want to know.”
Will laughed kissing me again. “Good, because I honestly can't remember either.”
I intertwined my hand with his. “Let's go. I'm going to run away, with you.”
Will laughed at my cheeyness. “What about your stuff?”
I hesitated, before nodding. “Just, be silent, OK?”
Will nodded, and we crept inside. I grabbed my phone and wallet, Will giving me a concerned look, (“That's all you have?” I'd only nodded, not going into details about my not-so-great boyfriend), before scrawling a quick note, terrified out of my mind about what Jeffery will do.

Dear Jeffery,
I left. I'm sorry, but I realized I don't love you anymore. And I don't think you love me either. I saw you with those other men, and women. Heard you too. The walls aren't sound proof. Anyways, this is goodbye.
Please don't try and find me,
-Nico

I hesitated, before putting the note on the coffee machine, something I'd give to him, and pretty much the only thing he uses that I had something to do with.

After yanking on my jacket, and boots, I gave the house one last glance over. I entwined my hand with Will's, and walked out of the house for good, ready to start again, with Will.

“Merry Christmas, Sunshine.” I said, as we walked down the path, which was dusted in white, our boots leaving tracks behind us, that were quickly filled in by more powder-sugar snow.
“Merry Christmas, Love. Merry Christmas.”

It was supposed to be an extremely fluffy oneshot of a Solangelo Christmas, but then idk, something happened, and Solangelo was not a thing anymore, and I needed a happy ending somehow. So that is the result.
Lol, Merry Christmas, to you who celebrate it,
Happy Quanza
Happy Diwali, (did I spell that right?)
Happy Chanukah! (Hanukkah, Chanukkah, however we decided to spell it this year. Lol, Jews and their unspellable holidays. . . (important: only Jews can make fun of Jews! The very very important unspoken rule.))
Lol, help. I'm tired. It's 3:13am, and I had a long day of studying for finals.

ANYWAYS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and have a happy new year.