Scared

This is in honor of what just happened in Fort Lauderdale Florida. I'm in Florida right now, and was supposed to fly home tomorrow from the Fort Lauderdale airport. What happened could have affected me! And that's terrifying. I am not trying to disrespect, just yeah.
All the facts and stuff in here are true! Except for the last confrontation. That's my own add in. At least, from the most recent news update.

Nico drove to the airport humming. His fiance was coming home! He watched as the large green sign saying: Fort Lauderdale Airport, 1 mile, glided feet over his car roof. The music he was listening to broke off, and the words that followed the interruption scared the life from him.
"At Ft. Lauderdale International Airport, there have been reports of an active shooting."
Nico almost fainted.
This couldn't be happening!
The radio continued spewing facts; "It was a male who had landed from Alaska. In the baggage claim area, he took the gun out of his luggage, and opened fire. . ."
Nico stopped listening, and continued to drive, ignoring the start of panic that was clawing at his chest. He got off on the ramp, and pulled into the pick-up zone. He parked, getting out and running towards the doors, not caring he could be putting his life at risk. Will was more important.

"Sir!" A cop yanked him back, pulling him away.
"No! You don't understand! He's in there, I can't, you, I," Nico was breaking, struggling in the hold of the officer.
"Sir, we understand this is hard, but you can't go in. Not yet, OK? We're still cleaning up, and making sure it's clear."
Nico understood, nodding. "Do you, would you know where he'd be?"
The officer hesitated. "Do you know what flight? Or the terminal?"
Nico nodded, telling him the flight number. "Terminal 1, I believe."
The officer smiled gently. "Than he's on the tarmac outback. The, erm, event took place in Terminal 2."
Nico nodded his thanks, relieved. The cop led him to the side of the building that the people stuck inside and on the tarmac where the planes usually were, would be brought to. After ten minutes, people poured out. Supposedly, they had the gunman in custody, and it didn't look like there was an accomplice.

THIS IS WHEN FACTS DIFFER

Nico searched the sea of people desperately, looking for the golden curls he knew all too well. Nico saw him, but didn't rush forwards, knowing he would lose sight of Will. He waited, fidgeting nervously, his mind flying a mile a moment.
Is he hurt? Is he OK? Did he see anything that would hurt him? Is he going to see me? Will we find each other?
Will didn't look around for Nico, thinking the black haired boy would be elsewhere, so he was happily surprised when the two made eye contact. Nico's face lit up in a relieved smile, his shoulders falling from their tensed hunch. Will smiled back, watching his fiance almost collapse with relief.
A relief that was short lived.
There were gasps, and people looked towards a woman in the front, who had fallen to her knees, right hand grasping her left side.
"Move, I'm a doctor, I can help!" Will yelled, and when only a few people shifted, he screamed again. "Make some room! Now!" He fought his way through, until he was in front of the woman, everyone else behind her. "I need five feet at least!" Will ordered, and people immediately backed up. Will had taken control.
Nico smiled, pride at the good in Will's heart filling him. But he saw her arm move a second before Will, and his smile slipped.
"Hey, ca-" Will froze mid word, hands rising to his shoulders when a back .5 mill was pointed at his forehead.
Nico couldn't move, horror written all over is face. But he knew better than to bring her attention to him.

Police moved into action, getting the crowd away, and to a safer place, before surrounding the woman and Will.
"Put down your weapon!" An FBI agent screamed, and Will watched the woman flinch.
"Wait." Will said, and all eyes were on him, confusion on everyone's face. Nico watched with confusion, because on the bottom of some of the cop's guns was blue, not black.
Will kept talking, trying to avoid dying. "Why are you doing this?"
"What?" The woman spoke for the first time, and you could hear the waver in her voice.
"Think about it. About all the children that saw all of this horror, and are probably scarred for life, unable to set foot back in an airport. And their families, think about them. The husbands, the wives, the kids at home. I have a boyfriend, well fiance, I've been away from for months, and have only seen through a screen. We're getting married."
The gun in the girl's hands began to shake. "Your, your boyfriend?"
Will nodded. "Yeah. I love him so much, and can't wait to see him."
Nico had tears falling down his face, and he squeezed his eyes shut.
"So, you're gay?"
"Bi, but yeah." TRIGGER
In a second, the gun was pressed to the girl's own temple.
"My girlfriend broke up with me, because she said it wasn't OK to be bi."
"That's not true," Will said, but then realized what the woman was about to do, and reached forwards, but he was to far. "No! Don't do it."
The girl looked at Will with tears streaming down her cheeks. "Why?" She sobbed, "Why shouldn't I? You said it yourself, I only cause pain."
Will shook his head, the look on his face devastated, and Nico was hit with how loving Will was, being able to care for someone he just met, and instead of running, was trying to stop her from harming herself. Her grip tightened on the trigger, and the cops with blue on the guns moved closer, but didn't pull the trigger, knowing the shock would make her finger jerk, shooting.
"No, that's not what I meant! I just wanted you to put the gun down, please! I can help you!"
'Damn it Will!' Nico internally screamed. 'Damn you and your psychology minor!'
"You, you'd help me?"
"Of course I would, but you have to put the gun down."
The girl nodded, and lowered the shaking gun, dropping it. A cop fired, the taser hitting her, paralyzing her long enough to cuff her, and get her into a secured ambulance.

Will turned, but he couldn't move, as soon as he took a step his knees buckled. Before Will could hit the ground, another body slammed into him, gently leading him to his knees, the other person sitting on their heels to the blonde's left, yet somehow still half in Will's lap, thighs pressing against each other.
Will immediately hugged back, his left arm around the lower back of the smaller male, Will's other arm looping under the arm around his neck, and gripping the shoulder of the other boy. Like the pic, but without the kiss/shirtless-ness The younger boy had his head buried in Will's neck, arms around the blonde's neck, holding him as tight as he could, and Will wasn't complaining, his own face buried in the black haired boy's shoulder.
"Will, oh, cazzo, fuck what were, I thought you, going to," Nico couldn't form a sentence, his mind a jumble of confusion and relief. Nico felt his chest constrict, and panicked which didn't help. No! Will almost died, and now he was going to need Will's attention! Will should be the one getting the attention!
Nico hoped Will wouldn't notice, but of course he did.
"It's alright Love, I'm OK, just breath, that's it, in and out."
Nico focused on the sound of Will's voice, and calmed down. Finally, Nico pulled away from his fiance, looking at him.

"You're OK? You're not hurt right?" Nico asked, his hands combing through Will's curls, and across his shoulders, before moving up over his cheeks.
Will let out a muffled laugh, moving Nico's hands away from his lips. "I'm fine, Love. Just shaken."
Will pushed his pointer finger into Nico's chest. "And just because you have your license and degree in forensic pathology does not mean you're a better doctor than I am."
Nico chuckled quietly, poking him right back, mimicking him. "Just because you have your license and degree in doctoring, a minor in psychology, and are older than me doesn't mean you're better than me."
Will laughed, gripping the sides of Nico's face to pull him into a deep kiss. Nico pulled back, blushing furiously. Will only grinned, running his thumbs gently over Nico's cheek bones.
"Hey," Will said, letting his grin turn into a smirk, "I haven't seen you in three months. I want - well need something, but we'll keep it PG - a proper hello."
Nico's blushed deepened, but he couldn't stop the grin that grew on his face. He reached up, and pressed his ringed left hand against Will's cheek, the cold metal making the blonde shiver.
"'Hello'. How's that? I'm not sure how 'PG' I can keep it."
Will laughed again, pressing a quick kiss to Nico's lips, resting his forehead to Nico's both their eyes closed.

"I love you so much." Will said, and Nico grinned.
"I love you too much." Was Nico's retort, and Will only laughed.

OK, so, guns with blue on the bottom are not guns but tasers. I saw on the news that cops have been trained so that in case of a threat that was suicidal and would use their weapon to harm themselves, not only other people, that they would use a taser, so that the person would get the help they need, whether it be mental, or whatever. It's to prevent suicide/death by cop. (yes, unfortunately that's a thing.) I'm so proud that this step is being taken, and hope it helps.

Also, if my facts about the taser are wrong, I'm sorry.