What to Write

Sneak peak of something something I'm not sure I'll end up posting at all, but I wanted to see if you guys would like it. The picture above is hand drawn by me!!!

Dedicated to Elizabeth051503. (Squeaking walruses).

What to write. I slide my hand under my short thick hair, clenching the strands almost painfully in my hand, as I stared at the blank document open on my Surface Pro. My hands hover over the keyboard, hesitating, before once against twining back into my dark obsidian hair. I click the screen, exiting out of the document. Folding the rubbery keys under the tablet, I open up a blank canvas, pulling the pen from it's sleeve.

I touch the tip down to the screen lightly, flicking my wrist in a gliding slim arch repeatedly, the graphite colored lines on the screen slowly darkening. I break off from the slim arch, my wrist moving under it on it's own accord, and began drawing the outline of an eye. It was too tall and slim to be human, and not open fully. I dragged two curves facing each other, like parentheses, in the center, but more towards the inner corner, forming a slitted pupil, much like a cat, or a reptile's. My wrist slid back up, and using the original arch, I began to make upward curves on the down facing one like spikes, but I didn't connect the bottom back to the arching brow bone.

Moving away from the eye, and closer to the edge of the screen, I drew another arc, slanted deeper, and facing down. The more pressure I applied, the darker it was, and then I began to carefully shade in the nostril. Moving to the beast's chin, I drew it sharply, before bringing it back towards the eye, sharply making a slanted "v" multiple times along the curve of the jaw.
"Damian?" A deep, rich and familiar voice spoke behind me.
I started, whirling the chair around, to see Joseph in our bedroom doorway. He walked over, and I spun back to face the desk, leaning the back of my neck on the back of the chair, closing my eyes. I felt Joseph run his fingers through my wavy hair, and I let out a quiet sigh.
"I thought you were supposed to be writing your Art History paper?"
I groaned, turning and burying my head into his side, just above his hip bone, as he examined the drawing on the screen.
"I was. Kind of." I muffled out, face still against his v-neck sweater, and he barked a laugh, resting his hand on the back of my neck.
"I don't know, just because you're great at writing, doesn't mean everyone is!" I pulled away, wrapping my arms around his waist, looking up at him, resting my chin gently on his waist.

Joseph grinned, ruffling my hair. "I offered help, you declined."
I pouted, giving him my best puppy-eyes. "I changed my mind. Help?"
Chuckling, Joseph pulled me out of the chair, and sat in it, before tugging my waist, and pulling me onto his lap. He sat up the Surface, uncurling the keyboard.
"Cool dragon by the way." He murmured into my ear, and I blushed.
"Thanks." I closed out of Illustrator, and reopened the blank document.
Joseph groaned in my ear. "Seriously? You haven't written anything."
I shrugged, leaning back onto his chest, resting my head on his shoulder.
"OK, so, do you have an outline? Or background stuff?"
I leaned down, rummaging through the black backpack at our feet. I grabbed the note packet, and the evidence sheet. I put them on the desk, and could practically feel Joseph roll his eyes.
"You didn't have these in front of you when you first started?"
Shrugging again, I hid my blush. "I didn't think of it." I whined, my usual deep and slightly melodic voice, childlike.

"OK, well, first things first." He shut off the tablet and pushed it away, spreading his legs so I fell to the chair's cushion, and pushed us forwards, our thighs gliding under the desk. "You need to make an outline."

Some background on this. i had to write an English paper about symbolism, but I couldn't think of anything, so I opened a blank document, and began to write. The short clip above is what happened. A story about a guy who couldn't write a fucking paper. Same Damian, same.

Soooooooo? What do you guys think? Comments are much appreciated!