My Heart

Title from PARAMORE

Ok! So here's a chapter that i've been working on since the moment i woke up a couple of hours ago, i'll try to work on some more and well... yeah, you know how i work... write and pist- write and post... so, enjoy! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

Serenity’s POV

I stirred and hear whispering and shuffling around me. I slowly opened my eyes meeting the ceiling.

“Thank goodness!” I hear a boy say and felt the bed move. “Are you ok?”

I stared at him, I knew he was a shifter but there was something different about him, like the same shifter who helped me escape.

I looked around and saw other people in the room, my eyes widened in an instant and sat up, pulling the covers up to cover me.

“Hey, hey, calm down…” the boy reaches for me but I moved away, hitting the side table with my hip. I bit my lip in pain, but I kept my eyes on them.

“Your scaring him Ken.” I hear a girl who was standing at the foot of my bed say.

Then an older woman walked up to the bed and sat beside me, she gave me a genuine smile, “Calm down, sweetheart, it’s alright, you’re safe here.”

I looked at all of them again, “Where am I exactly?”

The girl gave a small jump and squeal, stretching out her arms sideward, “Welcome to Funtasia Cirque!”

I raised a brow, “Cirque?”

“Yeah, cirque…” she says, giving me a questioned look, “as in the circus.”

“A circus…” I repeated.

“You have been in one, haven’t you?” she asked.

“Huh?” I looked back at her.

“You’ve been in a circus before…” she pointed out.

“Oh, uhm, I haven’t actually.” I admitted, “My father…”

I frowned remembering the last night I saw them. It has been almost half a year now since that night.

“Your father?” a man pushed me to continue.

I shook my head, “Nothing, forget about it.” I said, then I turned to the boy beside me, “Where’s your brother?”

“My brother?” he asked.

“The one who saved me.” I pointed out.

“Oh, well…” he clear his throat and glanced at the older man.

“He’s being punished.” The old man said.

“Punished?”

“It’s against our rules too go on some private leisure break without permission.” He pointed out, “And to bring home an additional mouth to feed-“

“I can very well provide for myself.” I snapped.

“Yeah, and yet here you are asleep for two days.” He snapped back.

“Two days?” my mouth dropped open.

“Oh hush now George.” The older woman beside me says. She then turn back to me with the same warm smile, “It’s ok dear, Cole explained to us everything.”

“Cole?”

“Oh, he’s the boy you are looking for.” She says.

I gave her a questioned look, “Isn’t he your son?”