Long Distance

Title from  Bruno Mars

Darn, you guys are getting way ahead of me in thsi story, lol... so here's another one and i'll see if i still have time to work on another one before i leave for work....

enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* 

Eric’s POV

I found myself back in the music room, sitting behind the piano, but not playing. Just staring at the keys, alternating from black to white.

I ran my fingers over the smooth texture of the key but I can’t fine the courage to press.

There was really no sense of not doing it, nor was there any sense of doing it.

I sighed and pulled away from the piano.

“You ok?”

I looked back and saw Siam leaning on the door post watching me.

“Yeah.”I sighed.

“Don’t lie to me Eric.” he stepped into the room, “If I was a hunter and you were that deep in thoughts I would have killed you…” I raised a brow, “fifteen minutes ago.”

“Fifteen minutes?” I asked, he nodded.

He has been standing there for fifteen minutes and I didn’t even notice or caught his scent.

“What’s bothering you?” he asked.

I shrugged and closed the lead of the piano. “I’m not really sure.”

“Hm, that’s different.”

“What do you mean?”

“Often times you will tell me that you are disturbed of what Serenity’s feeling, or that you miss her, or how much you regret not doing more…” he pointed out, “But never had you given me that answer.” He sat beside me, “Now, tell me what’s wrong?”

I sighed, “I can feel her,” I started, “I can feel her presence in the land. She’s so close but…” I shrugged again.

“Frustrated, I see.” He teased.

I chuckled, “I think that’s an understatement.”

He laughs and sat beside me.

“She’ll be home soon, Eric.” he says, “Just a little more patience.”

“I know, I’m trying my best,” I said in almost a whisper, “but I can’t keep it in anymore. I need to see her, to make sure that she was safe and alright.”

“And she is,” he said, “we have done quite well to cover up our attack on the hunters, so far none of the alphas had found out about it or Serenity’s whereabouts, she’s safe as long as we keep track.” He then reached for my shoulder, “And that’s what you are, your bond with her is what tells us if all is well with her or not.”

I nodded, then he tapped me at the back.

“You’re such a brat Eric.” he teased, “Demanding for what you want.”

I laughed, “This is your sister we are talking about, Siam, it isn’t hard not to yearn for her.”

He nods, then nudged me. “I’ll let that slip right now, yearn for her in your own time, please.”