Let Go

Title from Ingrid Michaelson

COLE’s POV

“Seriously Cole,” Serenity snapped, “seriously?!”

“What?” I snapped back as I watch my supposed mate usher one of the Serneity’s boys out of the room.

I would be lying if I didn’t feel anything seeing her with him, how she looked worried and all. Her palm on my face can’t even match the pain I’m inflicting on her.

“What do you mean what?” Serenity snapped again.

“Serenity, stop it.” I hear Eric say.

“No!” she was getting red and walked up to me, “What the h*ll?”

“What?” I growled.

Eric moved to her side but she moved out of his reach and raised her face up an inch away from mine.

“Don’t you dare Cole.” she sneered, “You had no right to do that to Jean!”

“I wouldn’t have if your mate here didn’t bring her to the conversation or if you didn’t bring her here.” I retorted. It was true but at the same time I knew there was no way out of this fight with Serenity. The fight within myself.

I can feel my wolf wanting to walk pass Serenity and go after her, apologize and claim her.

Well, at least, if she still wants to take me.

But I refuse to oblige my wolf the satisfaction. I knew my heart is calling for Tasha, this attraction with Jean is just that- an attraction, nothing more.

“I needed to talk to the boys, and the last time I check I can now go wherever I want to go with whoever I want.” She says and then she moved away and reached for her temple. Her red face was slowly turning pale.

“Serenity calm down.” Eric says, finally able to pull her to him. “This isn’t healthy for the baby.”

She nodded and I raised a brow.

“Baby?” I asked

“Yes, a baby.” She glared at me in an instant. “You knew what happened to me, you told Tasha, didn’t you?”

“Yeah, but-“

“And don’t you think that Jean might have the same case as I do?” she snaps again.

I frowned, understanding what upset Serenity so much. I knew she was raped, and not even once did I give Jean the benefit of the doubt, not even a moment to talk with her or touch her.

Of course, stubborn as I was I pushed the idea of her as a victim out of my mind. “I doubt that.”

That was for two reasons, one I needed to make myself believe that I didn’t care. Second, if I think about it, it will take all my control to stop my wolf from finding whoever raped her and kill them.

“Well she does.” Eric says, “So I do appreciate it if you stay away from her if that’s all that you have to tell her.”

Great, Mr. Perfect just had to rub salt on my wounds.

“How come he doesn’t know?” Siam asks, breaking the tension in the room.

“I wasn’t sure when we escaped.” Serenity sighed. “Besides it just been days-“

“We need to have him checked by Mama Ellena again once she comes home,” Eric says, “If he’s growing faster than he should, then maybe he is half shifter.”