2. Rahul Mehra✔

Ajay's POV 

Rahul. I don't know why he got so much pain in his life. He smiles which doesn't reach his eyes, laughs but a fake one. He doesn't bother to sleep. He works like manic!!! People think he works ​hard for his passion but he does so to escape the bitter truth of his life. Only I knew how much he is suffering deep inside. I won't let him deteriorate alone. I'm there for him.

Twenty-five years ago Dad, along with Dilip uncle and Nandini aunty started our business. Mom was never interested in business so she stayed at home with Rahul and me. I was 5 years old at that time and Rahul was just 2. We both had a great bonding at that time. Not one day passed when Mom did not have to hear people complaining about us. Staying calm and quiet was against our principles.

After five years, Rohit and Reeta were born. Our business became stable at that time. Dilip uncle wanted Nandini aunty to retire from business and take care of the twins. But Nandini aunty had worked equally for the business. She had given her five years. She was not ready to quit. But in our country, the wife always has to listen to her husband. Husband's words are equal to the words of God.

Nandini aunty did quit business but her relationship with uncle was destroyed. They used to fight for days. Their fights affected Rahul. He became a quiet child. Rahul made sure that Rohit and Reeta were not affected by the fights.

But something unexpected has happened, Nandini aunty developed terrible anger against Dilip uncle. She used to get angry at every small issue. Both were equally spitting fire on each other least caring about the kid Rahul.

Rahul became the victim of her anger. He distanced himself from people. He worked hard every day to make sure, his mother was proud of him.

But it was too late, aunty declared that he was grown up and should not expect people to appreciate him or his efforts. She gave all her attention to Rohit and Reeta but just took care of Rahul's needs. She never left him alone but stopped supporting him when he expected her the most.

Nandini Aunty's meaningless decision destroyed Rahul's life.

Due to  Mom, uncle and aunty's marriage did not break but things have not improved much in these twenty years. Rahul has become quieter than ever. And Nandini aunty's anger is still the same. Rohit and Reeta are not aware of anything because Rahul and I always made sure that they should not be affected.

Nidhi entered our room. MY NIDHI. With her beautiful face and beautiful smile and her innocent baby blue eyes, this woman manages to make my heart skip a beat, everytime I see her.

It was her daily routine to spend at least an hour with Rahul to ease him of his mental pain. She takes care of him like a mother would do.

Nidhi came and sat next to me and asked, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing. I was thinking about Rahul. All these years he has been waiting to hear her appreciating him. But she never does. She gives her love to Rohit and Reeta but Rahul is deprived of it. God knows when will his pain end!"Holding my hand, she said, "I can understand, Ajay."

Suddenly I remembered​ Rahul's eyes which expressed pain in the party. I knew that he must have told Nidhi about it. He considers her like his elder sister.

"Nidhi, why was Rahul upset in the party? Did he tell you?"

Nidhi's POV

I dreaded this question. Now, what should I tell him? But I have to. After all, Rahul is his brother.

"He met Sara today. She reminded him of his past. So, he was just upset."

Ajay panicked, "Nidhi, is Rahul okay? He won't repeat the past naa?"

"No Ajay, he won't. He promised me that he won't do anything like that. He is hurt and broken. But he won't repeat the past."

Ajay sighed and spoke, "My brother is hurt and broken since childhood. God knows when wounds will be healed."

"They will heal Ajay, trust me. Someone will enter his life to change him, to make him forget his past and to heal his wounds."

Author's POV
Her powerful words made his heart light and trusted her more than anyone does.

He waited for the day, a sunshine entering Rahul's life, just like he got Nidhi.

_____________________________________________

What do you think Rahul did in the past??

Please vote and comment.