32. The Talk✔️

Both Anjali and Rahul were busy in planning their surprises for each other. Two days were left for Rahul's birthday. Everything was ready according to Anjali's plan. She had arranged many surprises for Rahul. And had made sure that they remained so. Everything was perfect but....

Dilip-Nandini's Room

Dilip was pacing around the room. He was angry....very angry. He was an egoistic man, someone who never accepted that he is wrong. In his ego he forced his wife to retire from business. The entire business world had started to praise her skills. Vijay Mehra never minded accepting that Nandini was the reason of their success. But Dilip's male ego could not accept it. 

When Nandini had left business, the Mehra Industries had suffered. Though Vijay and Dilip had pulled out the company from losses but it was not until Ajay and Rahul joined the business, when the company touched the heights of success. Ajay gave it strength while Rahul took it to the top. And why not? Rahul was born with Nandini's skills. 

Nandini entered the room to find her husband all angry. She was tired of his angry mode. It has been twenty years since they spoke a word of love to each other. Earlier, she did not mind but now the anger and misunderstandings had started to trouble her. And with Anjali's presence, she was hoping to soon bridge the gap between them.

As soon as Dilip saw Nandini, he bursted out.

Dilip - "What the hell is happening in the house? Is Rahul a kid that surprise is being planned for him? Tell your beloved daughter-in-law to stop this nonsense. This is why I did not want a middle class girl to enter the house."

As soon as Nandini heard Dilip, the mother in her got angry.

Nandini - "Yes, and that is why you are making sure that Rahul spends his most of the time in office. A middle class girl, huh? If Vijay bhaiya had not come up with the idea of starting our own business, you would also have been a middle class man. If I would not have stablized the business...."

Dilip turned away when he heard Nandini reminding him about the past.

Nandini - "What happened the past is too bitter to handle? About the surprise, it is too make Rahul happy. Rahul's happiness lies in Anjali." She moves forward and keeps her hand on Dilip's shoulder. 

Nandini - "For the sake of your son, accept her. Look into Rahul's eyes. You will realise her magic. Please Dilip."

Dilip muttered - "She can never do anything for Rahul. Never."

Nandini sighs and goes to the bed to sleep. Dilip followed her suit. 

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Oberoi Mansion 

Rahul had kept his promise to destroy the Oberois. Every project, whether small or big, had gone to the Mehra Industries. Rahul's skills and Nandini's experience had got the better of Oberois. On the top of it, Rakesh's numerous affairs had been revealed. Some unknown people had given reports in the media blaming Rakesh Oberoi for having molested women. The investors had lost their trust in Oberois. The  women employees had refused to work with Rakesh. The police had started to investigate the matter. The Oberois were on the verge of destruction. 

 Yash - "Who has informed the media about everything? Think Rakesh, who could be it.

Rakesh - "All this is Rahul's doing. He is fulfilling his promise to destroy us. Wait and watch Rahul Mehra, I will make your birthday memorable. And the one for whom you are fighting will soon be in my bed."

The father and son laugh evilly.

_______________________________________________________

Rahul has executed his plans of destroying the Oberois. Anjali has planned a surprise for Rahul's birthday. Rakesh is planning to destroy the birthday. Too many plans, no? 

If you like the chapter, do not forget to vote, comment and share.

~Purnima