26. Pain✔️

Rahul's POV

It happened in front of my eyes. Anjali was abducted and I could do nothing. I could not save my wife. I failed. 

At present, I am sitting at my house with my family as well as Mishra family. Neeta aunty had tears in her eyes but still they had full faith in their daughter. Just then, Vikram enters with Priya and the inspector. They take their seats.

Inspector - "So Mr. Mehra, how did this happen?"

"We had gone to the Shiv Mandir nearby. When we moved out, I went to bring the car while Anjali stayed back. Later I realised that the car keys were with Anjali so I returned back. I saw some masked men pulling Anjali into a black SUV and running away. I ran after it but as I was on foot, I could not catch them."

Inspector - "Did you see the car's number?"

"No, the car did not have any number plate."

Inspector - "Anything unusual?"

"No"

Inspector - "I will try my best, Mr. Mehra but with the information you have provided, it is very difficult."

Third Person's POV

As soon as Rahul heard the inspector, he stood up and screamed, "If you value your job even a bit, I want Anjali in front of me within two hours."

Inspector - "Mr. Mehra...."

Rahul roared - "I don't want any excuse. I want Anjali within two hours."

The inspector nodded his head and left the Mehra Mansion. Vikram went to Rahul and patted his back.

Vijay - "Cool down Rahul. What happened was destiny."

Rahul - "I am Rahul Mehra. I write my own destiny."

Saying so, Rahul left to his room. Everyone was shocked to hear Rahul. No one had ever heard him speaking with arrogance until today.

Rahul's Room

"I failed you Anjali. I failed as a friend, as a husband. Please come back. I can't live without you. Please come back."

Rahul was crying. He had thrown everything in his room. 

"You are a drug to me Anjali. Come back to me."

He punched the mirror. It broke into pieces, hurting his hand in the process.

He screamed, "Anjaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

The walls of the Mehra Mansion shook with his screams. The Mehras as well as Mishras realized the love he had for Anjali. It seemed as if Rahul had gone mad without Anjali.

Nidhi came running into his room. All the others were behind her. Rahul hugged her and cried is heart out.

Rahul - "I will die bhabhi. I want my Anjali back."

Nidhi calmed him and nursed his hand. She made him lay down on the bed and stroked his head. Rahul, who had become a hungry lion, obeyed her like a kid. Everyone was amazed to see Nidhi's motherly love for him. With tears in their eyes, they left the room.

After two hours or so, Nidhi and Rahul heard their famiy members asking them to come in the garden. They rushed and what they saw shocked them...Rahul had tears in his eyes.

_________________________________________________________

What do you think they saw? Who has abducted Anjali? Do not forget to share your opinion.

If you liked the chapter, then do not forget to vote, comment and share.

~Purnima