23. The Reception Party✔️

Anjali's POV (Continued)

Two days in my maternal home passed like two years. I was missing Rahul like hell. We were talking on phone, chatting on WhatsApp but still. On the top of it, my mother was giving me instructions about being an ideal wife and daughter-in-law. She was supported by mytaiji. As Avinash bhai had been transferred to Delhi, they were now residing in the Mishra house.

Somehow, the two days passed. It was the day of our reception party. I had visited the beauty parlour earlier and now, was waiting for Rahul to come and pick me up. He arrived sharp at 7 pm. We left in his car while my family followed us with Avinash bhai.

In the car

Rahul was looking a bit distracted. As if something was troubling him.

"What happened Rahul? You look disturbed."

Rahul - "The Oberois will also be present in the party."

"What? Why?"

Rahul - "They are big names in the business world. They have to be present. It is just that I came to know about this sometime before, so I am not able to digest it."

I held his hand. He interwined our fingers.

"Whatever it is, we will handle. Have faith in our love."

Rahul - "I have."

We talked about some other things till we arrived at our venue.

Third Person's POV

The car stopped at the entrance. Rahul, dressed in a black tuxedo, stepped out and offered his hand to Anjali, who was dressed in a beautiful white suit. 

She held his hand and stepped out of the car

She held his hand and stepped out of the car. He held her by her waist. The reporters were clicking their photos. Though it was the first time that Anjali was in the limelight, Rahul's presence helped her to remain calm. They posed for the media and then moved forward. They were greeted by their families. Anjali's family had also arrived. The party was arranged in a big lawn. The arrangements were like that of five star hotel. And why would it not be? After all the most eligible bachelor in the country had married.

The couple was the centre of attraction for everyone. Everyone was blessing them with their heart. But there was someone in the corner who hated their smiling faces. Someone who wanted to hurt them. Someone who wished their destruction. It was none other than Sara Oberoi. The smile on Rahul's face was showing her failure and the evil does not accept defeat. It's in the nature of evil to try and hurt people. But it forgets that one day, there will be someone to defeat him. The same was with Sara, she wanted to hurt Rahul and she had been doing so but now Anjali was standing in front of him as shield. That is what happened that night.

Rahul introduced Anjali to all the big names of the business world. He was proudly introducing her as Anjali Rahul Mehra. They were now standing a little away from everyone. That is when Sara Oberoi approached them. Seeing her near their friends, Vikram and Neha rushed to them.

Sara(sarcastically) - "My heartiest congratulations to the newlyweds. Hope your married life has no troubles."

All four of them gave her a disgusting look.

Anjali - "Thank you so much dear Sara."

Seeing Anjali's expression, it was clear how irritated she was. Vikram and Neha were having hard time controlling their laughter.

Sara - "So, you finally succeeded in marrying Rahul. You are such a gold-digger...."

Anjali - "I guess my one slap was not sufficient. I should have given you more of them."

Sara glared at Anjali as she remembered the slap which was hard enough to cause her pain.

Anjali continued, "At that time I was just his friend. Now I am his wife. If you hurt him, I will surely see your end. I am warning you Sara Oberoi. If he sheds even a single tear because of you, you will find yourself​ lying in a pool of your own blood."

Rahul's eyes went wide hearing Anjali's threat. Sara left the place gritting her teeth. Vikram and Neha were laughing like maniacs.

Rahul pulled Anjali to himself and hugged her tight. A teardrop touched Anjali's shoulder. She parted the hug.

Anjali - "Omg. The youngest man who is ruling the business world is crying. I think so this will be a hot topic if they find you shedding tears." She teased him.

"I'm not crying. My eyes are sweating," he said and gave Anjali a peck before she can realise what has happened. She punched on his back. Both were lost in their own world.

Vikram's POV

"At that time I was just his friend. Now I am his wife. If you hurt him, I will surely see your end. I am warning you Sara Oberoi. If he sheds even a single tear because of you, you will find yourself​ lying in a pool of your own blood."

I never knew someone could give such a threat sweetly until Anjali did so. Sara's face was worth watching.

Rahul. I am so happy for him. Anjali is perfect. She loves him. I still remember when Vijay uncle had a heart attack. She called Rahul, went to the Mehra Mansion and also Mehra Industries, even came to my hotel just to know what is wrong. Same incident had happened while we were in college. Rahul could not give time to Sara and she had accused him of playing with her emotions. My eyes went wide when Anjali had told me about her struggles to meet Rahul.

I just wish both of them stay happy.

Mehra Mansion (Same night)

Rahul's room

Rahul was sitting on the bed when Anjali entered the room all tired. She looked at him. He had still not changed. He was holding a piece of paper and his eyes were expressing anger. Anjali gulped in fear as she realised what it was.

________________________

Love Always Wins had been ranked #44 this week. A big thanks to all my readers for their support. We have even reached 1.4k reads.

We finally know why was Vikram staring Anjali in chapter 17.

So what do you think? Why is Rahul angry? What is in that paper? Why is Anjali afraid?

If you like the chapter, do not forget to press the star.

Thank you for reading.

~Purnima