38. Epilogue✔

Seven Years Later

Anjali's POV

Ahh! Where are these two little bundles of mischief? Why can't they allow me two live peacefully? 

"Nidhi di, have you seen the girls?"

Nidhi di - "No. Did you check the terrace?"

"No. How could I forget it?"

I rushed towards the terrace. There was Rahul playing with his nephew, Adi(9 years old) and Rahul and my daughters, Ritika and Radhika(5 years each).

I am Dr. Anjali Mehra. Yes, you read that right Dr. Anjali Mehra. With Rahul's and my in-law's support, I have completed my Ph.d and am working as Assistant Professor. 

"Rahul, we have guests coming and you are playing with the kids."

Yes, today is my twin daughters birthday and we have a party at our home. 

Adi - "See chachu, I told you that we should get ready."

"Rahul, how can you be so irresponsible?"

Ritika and Radhika run to me.

Ritika - "Mom, you cannot scold Dad."

"I can scold your Dad also and you also. Now, all four of you go and get ready. Move now."

All the three kids run to their respective rooms while Rahul and I go to ours. 

An hour later

All the preparations have been done and the guest start to arrive. The cake is cut and everyone starts enjoying.

A lot has changed in these seven years. Vikram and Priya got married six years ago and now have a four years old son, Vatsal. Reeta started dating my own brother and got married to him three years ago. Rohit got married to his college love, Ruhi. Aditi has started her own firm along with Neha. Both of them are still waiting to find their love.

Papa(Anjali's father) resigned from his job. He, Mumma and Tai-Tauji live with Avinash bhai and Reeta. Dad(Rahul's father) left his post in the Board of Directors of Mehra Industries for Mom(Rahul's mother). Though Mom was not happy at first, later she agreed for Dad.

The Oberois are still in the prison. They have made many attempts to flee but every time they failed. It seems that even God wants to punish them. 

At night(Rahul-Anjali's room)

Sometimes, I think what would have happened if I had not met Rahul in Neha's birthday party, if I had not gone to Mumbai, if Sara had not come there, if I had not realised Rahul's true nature....

Rahul - "Thinking about me, sweetheart?"

"What else can I think about?"

Rahul pulled me into his embrace and kissed me. Despite these many years, everytime he kisses me, I get butterflies in my stomach. Both of us laid down to sleep.

_______________________THE END_________________________

So, this is finally the end. There will be bonus chapters as and when you ask.

If you want to ask any question to me or the characters, you are free to inbox me.

Hope you liked this story. 

I invite you all to read my another story "Worth Fighting For".

~Purnima