28. Anjali in Action✔️

Anjali, Rahul, Vijay and Vikram returned to the Mehra Mansion. Rahul's eyes expressed anger.

Anjali - "Rahul, cool down."

Rahul - "I will destroy him. I will kill him. How dare he touch you?"

Nandini - "Cool down Rahul. Anjali, how did you escape?"

Anjali looks at everyone and narrates.

Anjali's POV

(Flashback in italics)

I woke up in a room. My hands were tied behind my back. In front of me was standing Rakesh and his two men.The two men moved forward with knives in their hands and tried to tear my clothes. Being trained in self-defence techniques, I broke the bondage in my hands and punched them black and blue. Rakesh took one of the knives, attacked me and tried to force himself on me. I took the another and blocked his attack. Using the knives as swords, we both fought. In this process, I wounded his arm while he gave me small cuts. I ran away and reached the nearby police station. I told everything to them. They asked me to make the sketch of those people after which they brought me to the Mehra Mansion.

(Anjali's POV and the flashback ends)

Third Person's POV

Anjali - "I don't understand how he has hidden that wound?"

Nandini walked towards Anjali and cupped her face.

Nandini - "I am proud of you."

Mala - "We all are."

Nandini - "Rahul, take Anjali to your room. Take care of her and stay with her. Nidhi, prepare something for Anjali to eat."

Rahul picks up in Anjali bridal style and carries her to their room while Nidhi moves towards the kitchen.

Rahul's room

Rahul enters with Anjali and puts her on the bed. He opens his mouth to curse himself but stopped by Anjali, as she places her lips on his. She kisses him pouring all her love.

They are interrupted by Nidhi who enters and says, "I did not see anything."

Rahul and Anjali move away from each other blushing. Nidhi keeps the food for Anjali and leaves the room, saying, "Lock the door. We have a kid in the house."

Anjali blushes. Rahul feeds her the food after which Anjali goes for a bath.

The day passes without any further event.

Next morning

Vijay, Dilip, Ajay and Rahul had gone to the office and Rohit and Reeta to the college. Anjali, after assisting Nidhi in all the household chores, decided to go to Nandini's room to talk to her.

Nandini's Room

Anjali enters the room to find Nandini as usual busy in psychology. Nandini looks at her and gestures her to sit.

Nandini - "Do you have any work?"

Anjali - "Actually, I wanted to talk about Reeta. I mean, is it not difficult for her to do two courses together?"

Nandini - "Who said that she is doing two courses?"

Anjali (innocently) - "She is doing business management and also a course in psychology."

Nandini - "Psychology?"

Anjali - "Yes. That is why you teach her psychology in Rahul and my presence."

Nandini understood. She looked at her not so innocent daughter-in-law. She asked, "What do you want?"

Anjali - "Answer to one question. What has happened that a mother is hesitating to love her child?"

Nandini keeps looking at Anjali and finally breaks down. She keeps down her book and cries. Anjali gets up and locks the door and sits next to Nandini.

She rubs her back and gives her a glass of water. Nandini drinks some water and keeps the glass aside.

Nandini - "When I got married to your father-in-law, it was a time when girls were considered as a burden. My father had married me off in order to get rid of his responsibility. Even Dilip had that male ego but of course, it was less than my father. After one and a half year, Rahul was born, it was the best day of my life. He made me experience motherhood. He was a naughty child. Always running around, troubling others. When he turned two, Vijay bhaiya came up with the idea of setting our own business. Mala bhabhi was never interested in business, so she took care of the two kids and all three of us focused on business. Five years, I gave five years to business and then Rohit and Reeta were born. It was the time when people had started appreciating my business sense..."

Anjali - "And Dilip uncle's male ego did not like it."

Nandini - "He wanted me to leave the business. How could I? I had given five years to it. But I had to....you have to agree with your husband. I started getting angry about small issues. I ignored Rahul and he never complained. He did whatever I wanted him to but I did not give him the love he desired. Then Ajay got married. Nidhi started caring for Rahul as an elder sister. And then Sara broke him..."

Anjali - "You knew?"

Nandini - "I overheard Neha and Nidhi's video conference. After that incident, I realised my mistake. But then, Nidhi was always there for him, like a mother is for her child. So many times, I wanted to go and comfort him but how? I have ignored him, hurt him, never given him the love he wanted.."

Anjali - "So do it now. A child always craves for his mother's love. You can give him that love now. Instead of feeling​ guilty, give him all the love you have in your heart."

Nandini keeps staring at her daughter-in-law. She says, "Promise me, you will always be with him."

Anjali - "The relations made by heart can never break. He is my heart. Leaving him will mean leaving my heart. And life is not possible without a heart."

Anjali hugs Nandini and leaves the room. 

________________________________________________________________

If you liked the chapter, do not forget to vote, comment and share.

~Purnima