36. Realisations✔

Mehra Mansion(Continued)

The Inspector follows Reeta's gaze and finds a hidden security camera. He immediately calls up Rahul, who answers the call in two rings. 

Rahul - "Hello. Inspector, did you find something?"

Inspector - "Not yet. But I would like to see the CCTV footage of the outside of the garden area."

Rahul - "Alright Inspector. I will ask Ajay bhai to reach there as soon as possible. No one can access the security system apart from bhai and me."

Inspector - "Has Mrs. Mehra gained consciousness?"

Rahul - "Yes. The doctors are checking her up. After which we will be allowed to meet her."

Inspector - "Great. I will wait for Mr. Ajay Mehra."

The Inspector informs about the conversation to Rohit and Reeta. Both are elated to know that their sister-in-law is fine.

Half an hour later

Ajay had arrived and was ready with the CCTV footage. The Inspector, along with his officers, and Rohit and Reeta were ready to watch it. 

In the footage, a man is seen taking aim. The man is unmasked, making it easier for the Inspector to catch him up. 

Inspector - "Your guess was correct Ms. Mehra. This man was not aware of the security system of this Mansion."

Ajay - "Do you know him?"

Inspector - "He is a contract killer. His name is Raghu."

Ajay nods.

The Inspector leaves with his officers. Ajay, Rohit and Reeta leave for the hospital. 

City Hospital 

The doctors were checking up Anjali. Rahul was impatiently waiting for them to move out. All he wanted to do was to hug Anjali and scold her for risking his life. He had gone insane when he saw her fighting with death. He blamed himself for her pains. And had even thought of divorce.

Flashback(in italics)

Rahul was talking on phone to someone when Nidhi approaches him. What she hears angers her.

Rahul(on call) - "I want the divorce papers ready as soon as possible.....no, I did not give you the right to question...do what I tell you to do."

He cuts the call and turns around his find Nidhi looking at him angrily. 

Nidhi - "What the hell do you think you are doing, Rahul Mehra?"

Rahul looks at her and breaks down.

Rahul - "So what should I do? Let her suffer for nothing. She gets punished for being my wife. No Bhabhi, I will free her from this relation."

Nidhi - " And that will make her happy? Don't you think she will suffer more. She loves you Rahul. And her happiness lies with you. Don't leave her. Change your decision. Or Anjali will make you change it."

Rahul realises that Anjali will never agree to him. She will kill him for thinking so. He immediately calls the lawyer and tells him to stop the procedure. 

End of flashback 

The doctors were still with Anjali. Rahul was losing his patience. He just wanted to throw them out.

Everyone else was ecstatic. Their Anjali was now out of danger and had gained consciousness. They could not wait to meet her. 

Dilip was standing in a corner, far away from everyone. He could not help but feel guilty. Guilty for not trusting Anjali. He thought that she was a middle class girl who could not do anything for Rahul. When he came to know about her love for teaching, he forced Nandini to ask her to quit her job. He thought that Anjali will leave Rahul for her passion. But he was wrong, Anjali left her passion that day and risked her life today. He felt guilty. He realised Rahul's love for Anjali and what she was to him. He saw everything his wife wanted him to see. 

The doctors finally came out and allowed them to meet the patient.

____________________________________________________________

So Dilip finally realised his folly. What do you think he will do now?

If you like the chapter, do not forget to vote, comment and share.

~Purnima