37. Happy Ending✔

The doctors finally came out and allowed them to meet the patient.

Everyone rushed inside the room to meet Anjali. Neeta and Nandini rushed to her. 

Neeta - "Oh God! You frightened us."

Nandini - "Indeed. Anjali, you better not pull up such a stunt again."

Anjali gave a small smile. She looked at Rahul. They shared an eyelock. They seemed to be talking to each other through their eyes.

Ajay drew everyone's attention to the couple. Everyone chuckled. 

Nidhi - "Love birds, we are here." Both of them blush and look away. 

Nidhi - "Rahul, instead of staring Anjali, why don't you tell her about your decision of divorce."

Rahul looks at Nidhi, shocked, giving her a why-did-you-say-that expression, when he is hit by a pillow. He looks at the pillow and then at Anjali. Anjali got up with some difficulty and took another pillow to hit him.

Rahul - "No Anjali. This is not right. You can't hit me like that...."

Anjali - "Ohh, and you can divorce me like that. Rahul Mehra, I will kill you if you think of that word again."

The entire family enjoys their cute fight except Dilip. He was feeling guilty. And the fact that Rahul thought of divorce, added to his guilt. He could understand Rahul's reason. And it hurt him that he did not understand his own son's feelings. 

Nandini - "Rahul, next time you plan to do something like that, then remember to pack your bags, because there is no chance that I will allow my daughter to go anywhere."

Rahul looked at his mother amazed. He nods his head like an obedient child.

Vijay - "It's time for us to leave. Anjali needs to rest. And Rahul, come to office only when Anjali is good enough to jump and dance."

Rahul again nods his head. 

Ajay - "Marriage has made you very obedient, brother."

Rahul narrows his eyes at him, while everyone else chuckles and move forward to leave the room, when.....

.

.

.

.

Somebody knocked the door. Rahul opened the door to find Senior Inspector Abhay Singh. He enters the room. 

Ajay - "Any progress, Inspector?"

Inspector - "Yes. But before that, Mrs. Mehra, how did you know that someone was going to shoot your husband?"

Anjali - "I saw a red dot dot moving on his chest. It took me less than a minute to figure out what it was."

The Inspector nods.

Inspector - "The man, Raghu, has been caught. He is a contract killer. After interrogation and some third degree treatment, he has revealed that it was the Oberois who had planned the murder."

Rahul's muscles tense up. He opens his mouth to say something but Anjali speaks first.

Anjali - "Inspector, make sure you give them the punishment they deserve. I am a law abiding person but if the law fails to bring me justice, I'll turn into a law breaker."

The Inspector is taken aback at Anjali's tone. Though he understands her feelings and nods.

Inspector - "You don't have to worry, Mrs. Mehra. The Oberois are already blamed for numerous scams. Mr. Rakesh Oberoi is accused of rape. While Mrs. Sonia Oberoi and Ms. Sara Oberoi will be sentenced minimum 10 years of imprisonment, the other two will be in the prison for a longer time."

Mala - "You mean to say that the two women were also involved in planning the attack on Rahul."

Inspector - "Yes mam. Well, I will take your leave now. Mrs. Mehra, get well soon. You will be needed in the court for your statement."

The Inspector leaves, followed by others leaving Rahul and Anjali alone in the room.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

One month later

Anjali had returned to the Mehra Mansion two weeks ago. The trial against the Oberois had been won by Mehras, bringing justice to many others. The Inspectors words had proved to be true. Sonia and Sara Oberoi had been sentenced ten years imprisonment while Yash and Rakesh Oberoi were sentenced life imprisonment for numerous scams, sexually abusing the women and an attempted murder. 

In short, the life of Mehra family was easy now and happiness was filled in their  hearts. But Dilip Mehra was not happy. His guilt was eating him up. He finally took a decision.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The Mehra family was sitting together in the living room when Dilip declared that he wanted to say something. 

Dilip(looking at Nandini) - "I am sorry, Nandini. I never thought about your feelings. My ego did not allow me to accept that my wife is better than me. I am really sorry. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but please..."

Nandini - "It was my fault. Because of our professional life, I destroyed our peace and also Rahul's childhood..."

Dilip - "Rahul, forgive me. Your parents did not take care of your happiness. We ignored you because of our issues in our professional life."

Rahul goes to his father and pulls him into a tight hug. After a minute or so, Dilip breaks the hug.

Dilip(looking at Anjali) - "I wronged you too. I am sorry, child. I was so much drowned in my arrogance that I did not realise your and Rahul's love for each other. You can resume your job as a teacher. I was the one who asked Nandini to tell you to leave your job. I thought that you will leave Rahul for your passion. But you proved me wrong. Your love has won, child."

Anjali - "Love is the most powerful emotion a human being can experience. The strange thing is, that almost nobody knows what love is. It is the purest form of emotion because it is present in the heart of a child. It can never lose. Love might take time to show it's magic but at the end of the day, Love Always Wins."

_____________________________________________

This is it. The end. Love Always Wins comes to an end. As I declared earlier, there will be an epilogue and bonus chapters if I can think of some plot. You all are free to ask me for bonus chapters of your choice, for any questions that pop up in your mind. You are also free to question the characters(if you want to know something from them).

~Purnima