29. Mother's Love✔️

Anjali moved out of Nandini's room and went t Nidhi's room. Both the sisters-in-law spent their time talking and playing with Adi when suddenly they heard Ajay calling them.

Ajay - "Nidhi. Anjali."

Hearing Ajay's voice, Mala and Nandini came out along with Nidhi and Anjali. Ajay had made Rahul sit on the sofa and was standing with a frown on his face. 

Anjali walked to Rahul and touched his forehead, "Oh God. Rahul, you are burning."

Rahul opens his eyes. They were red because of fever. 

Rahul - "I am fine Anjali."

Ajay - "Oh just shut up, Rahul. You had passed out in the office. Why can't you just take care of your health? Why do you always want someone to run after you?"

Nidhi - "Ajay, calm down."

Ajay - "You want me to calm down. He is having 104 degree fever. How am I supposed to calm down?"

Mala - "Enough. Anjali take Rahul to your room. Nidhi, prepare some soup for him."

Anjali nods and helps Rahul to their room while Nidhi moves towards the kitchen.

Nandini was a silent spectator to all this. She could see Rahul's pain, she could see Nidhi and Ajay's concern for him, she could see Anjali's love ve for him. Anjali's words were ringing in her ears. Her legs automatically moved towards the kitchen. Mala and Ajay follow her out of curiosity.

Kitchen

Nidhi had taken out all the ingredients needed to prepare the soup. She was about to start preparing when she was pulled back by Nandini. Nidhi is shocked seeing Nandini in the kitchen. She moves back while Nandini starts preparing the soup.

Nandhini's heart screamed in pain. She hasn't been a good mother for Rahul and has ignored him when he needed her the most. She has always kept an arm- length distance from him but she made it sure to keep an eye on him. But the previous day conversation with Anjali has made the walls built around her, crumble into pieces. she let the love, overflow for Rahul. The love he needed. She is ready to face him.

It has been years, she cooked for her son. She tried to remember when she lastly cooked but she had no memory. Het heart sank in guilt. Tears were flowing down her eyes as she prepared the soup. Once it was ready she herself took it to Rahul.

Rahul's Room

Anjali had somehow made Rahul change his clothes but he was not ready to rest.

Rahul - "There is a lot of work in office. I can not afford to rest."

Before Anjali could reply, Nandini did.

Nandini - "Nothing is more important than your health, Rahul. So you better leave that file and sit quietly while I feed this soup to you."

Rahul was shocked listening to his mother's voice filled with affection. Nandini walked toward her son and fed him the soup lovingly. After feeding him, she made him rest on the bed with his head in her laps. Anjali watched the mother-son lovingly and left the room.

Nandini kept on caressing Rahul's head and said,"I am sorry, beta. Intentionally-unintentionally, I have hurt you. I should have supported you, encouraged you. If not earlier, then at least after Sara's treachery." Rahul opens his eyes to look at his mother. She nods and continues, "I knew but I did not do anything to help you. I was always living in guilt until Anjali talked to me. You want to destroy the Oberois naa." Rahul nods his head. She continues, "I will help you. Take rest and get well soon. I will help you fight against them." She keeps on patting his head till he sleeps. 

Living Room

Anjali walks down the stairs. 

Nidhi - "How is Rahul? You gave him some medicine? Why are you not with him?"

Anjali - "Don't worry bhabhi. He has the world's best medicine with him."

___________________________________________________________

So how is it? Finally, love has started to win. How many of you hated Nandini for her behavior? 

If you liked the chapter, do not forget to press the little star. Silent readers, trust me I won't eat you up. 

Take care and feel free to share your views regarding the story.

~Purnima