22. Wedding Night✔️

Anjali's POV

The wedding was over. I was finally Mrs. Anjali Rahul Mehra. It sounded so good. I was married to the love of my life. It was such a good feeling. It was night. The entire day had gone in the rituals. Nidhi di and Neha had just left Rahul's, I mean our​ room, after teasing me about the wedding night.

I am nervous. Too nervous. I am not ready for that sort of intimacy yet. I will have to talk to Rahul. But what if he gets offended? What if he asks for his husband rights?

The door opened and came in Rahul. He was looking soooooo handsome. He looked at me. I was sitting in the middle of the bed wearing a heavy saree and jewelleries. Rahul came and sat beside me and said, "Isn't this heavy? Why don't you take it off?"

Oh God. He wants....no, I am not yet ready. What should I do? I have never been this nervous. Tears welled up in my eyes.

Rahul - "What happened Anjali? Are you missing your parents? You can call them if you want? Please don't cry. I can tolerate everything but your tears. Please."

"Please don't get me wrong. But I am not ready for that sort of intimacy. Please give me sometime."

Rahul looked confused and then as realization hit upon him, he said, "Oh God Anjali. I was talking about that heavy necklace you are wearing."

I mentally face-palmed myself.

Rahul - "I can understand what you want to say. Don't worry. You have all the time you want. Now go and change. Then sleep. Tomorrow you have to go to your home. I will miss you yaar."

I blushed and went to the washroom to change.

When I came back, I saw that Rahul had arranged the bed. We laid down. He turned to my side and said: "Finally, we made it." The sparkle in his meant everything. Our love.

"Yes, we made it." I was too tired to speak. Eyes were half-closed when I replied him. Rahul did an unexpected thing, which made my heart flutter. I was in his arms. "Sleep," I heard his soft voice hitting my ears.

I snuggled closer and drifted to sleep.

Next morning

I woke up at 5:30. I went to the washroom and did my morning business. When I came out, I saw Rahul waking up. He looked like a small child who had just woken up from his sweet sleep. He went to the washroom while I arranged my clothes in his cupboard which he had declared to be ours.

At 7 am, I went downstairs and saw Nidhi di, Mala aunty and Nandini aunty. I went to them and touched their feet.

Mala aunty - "Oh good that you have come. Dear, you have to make something sweet today as it will be your first day in this house."

Nandini - "Rahul likes to have suji halwa. So, you can prepare that."

I nodded and went to the kitchen. Nidhi di followed me to help me with the things.

Kitchen

Nidhi di was with me in the kitchen while I was preparing halwa.

"Di, why is there so much formality among the family members. I mean like...calling family members as uncle-aunty. No family time."

Nidhi di - "They are like this. I don't know why. The only person who is not the same is Maa. I mean my mother-in-law."

"What does Adi call Rahul?"

Nidhi di - "Chachu. Thanks to my beloved husband."

"Beloved, haan?"

Di blushed and lightly hit me on my shoulder.

"Please ask him to call me chachi and not aunty."

Di nodded.

We talked about the family while I cooked halwa and helped her in preparing the breakfast.

Dining Room

Everyone was sitting at the dining table. Nidhi di and I served the breakfast.

Nidhi di - "The suji halwa has been prepared by Anjali while the breakfast has been prepared by both of us."

Everyone nodded and started eating. Nidhi di and I sat next to our respective husbands.

Rahul whispered to me, "The halwa is very tasty. Save some for me. I will eat in the evening."

Mala aunty - "Take this Anjali. For this tasty halwa." Saying so, she gave a jewelry set. I took it from her though it felt very awkward. Everyone gave something or the other to me. Rohit and Reeta gave me a beautiful bouquet.

After that, Rahul dropped me to my maternal home where I was welcomed by my wonderful family. I was supposed to stay​ there for two days. Two days without Rahul. Huh, I am already missing him. 

After two days, our reception party was planned. And I have a gut feeling that something is going to happen.

_______________________________________________________________

An early update for my readers. So, what do you think about Rahul's words? And Anjali's nervousness and "gut" feeling? What can happenin the reception? And what about Mehra families formal behaviour? 

Do share your views. And if you liked the chapter, thn please do not forget to press the little star...it is very encoraging for a writer. 

Thank you for reading.

~Purnima